Pound Euro exchange rate today.

I have no bother getting euros over the border.
cowboy.png

Hi, Can I suggest you apply for a Monzo card? It is free. You preload it with sterling then when abroad you can pay in most places with the card and get the official bank rate 1.167.
The only restriction is you can only draw out £200per month in a foreign cash machine, after that you pay 3% on further transactions. But that still works out better than using your ordinary bank card.
This has saved me loads of cash over the last year while traveling. It's also great if you need to transfer money to a foreign payee, then it costs about £3.75 and then you get the middle bank rate of the day. Also all transactions show on your phone immediately.
Give it a try, I was amazed.
Andrew Rogers

There is no monthly limit on the Halifax Clarity Card, it is accepted everywhere, you get the bank rate of the day (no-one will offer you more) and there are no charges if you pay it off within 48 hours. Paying it off on-line takes me about 30 seconds, so I don't see how you could find better.

We use the Clarity Card not only for purchases but also for drawing cash out of ATMs. If you pay off the transaction within 48 hours there is no charge, so for the best rates, try using your card and paying it off straight away.
That would be difficult we only use our CREDIT cards Foreign never UK,With no transaction fee on purchases ,only fees If taking cash from ATMs. so as we do not do Internet banking and are seldom on line once we leave UK, how would I pay the loan ?off ? We use only our Debit cards in UK so never any interest taking cash from machines at home, or cash back in Supermarkets. and steer clear of Foreign ATMs as far as possible because of charges.

The only charge incurred with the Clarity card on cash withdrawals is interest until the next statement.

I only draw small amounts of cash as required when abroad and the interest that accrues is just pence per month. It's simply not worth settling online to save such small amounts.

I have a direct debit set up to pay off the outstanding balance each month so no intervention is required.

That would be difficult we only use our CREDIT cards Foreign never UK,With no transaction fee on purchases ,only fees If taking cash from ATMs. so as we do not do Internet banking and are seldom on line once we leave UK, how would I pay the loan ?off ? We use only our Debit cards in UK so never any interest taking cash from machines at home, or cash back in Supermarkets. and steer clear of Foreign ATMs as far as possible because of charges.

Fair enough - I made the mistake of assuming that everybody did everything online these days. It is nice to know that not everybody is dependant on computers :)

The only charge incurred with the Clarity card on cash withdrawals is interest until the next statement.

I only draw small amounts of cash as required when abroad and the interest that accrues is just pence per month. It's simply not worth settling online to save such small amounts.

I have a direct debit set up to pay off the outstanding balance each month so no intervention is required.

I'm a cheapskate - if pence can be saved I will save them! :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back