Posting new POIs

• Thread starter Deleted member 13543
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 13543

Hi Chris,

I spend far too much time browsing Google Streetview looking for wild camping places, and have found quite a few likely looking ones that are not listed. How do I post the information you need for them? Will the link button on Google Maps do it?

Mary

Hi Chris,

I spend far too much time browsing Google Streetview looking for wild camping places, and have found quite a few likely looking ones that are not listed. How do I post the information you need for them? Will the link button on Google Maps do it?

Mary

Yes that is one way to do it ...

I'd prefer, however, that, having right clicked and selected What's Here?, you copy into a forum message the coordinates that appear in the search box ...

Does that make sense?

Regards

Chris

Hopefully, it does.........is this OK? 56.12008,-3.701776

If it's the layby on the A977 Clackmannanshire then you've got it right!!

If you put the location and county in the title it helps.

Hesket, Cumbria, A6

54.818665,-2.842498. Handy if an overnight stop needed on way up to Scotland. The A6 is much more civilised in the daytime than the M6.

(Was that OK for you, Bigpeetee??!)

Think if you put each one in separately it'll help Canalsman
Also clock on "Location" in the post icons at bottom of thread, then everyone will know it's an additional location

Keep up the good work, my wife thinks I'm sad finding all these locations when out driving. She's right (as always), I am mad!!

Wilding site nr York, North Yorkshire

Here goes, been a member 5 minutes and wanting to stick a pin in the map!

Read through the thread but dont quite know if ive done anything correctly.

The spot I have found is:

CP Allerthorpe Wood
quiet wilding location off the A1079 near York, North Yorkshire
+53° 54' 59.87", -0° 51' 22.06"

What I do with that now I dont understand - the link button on Google Maps just bewildered me.....

Please forgive me for going slightly off topic but: :confused: :confused:

I have Google Earth installed on my computer and use it often. Some of you have said that Google Maps is quicker and easier to use but not on my computer it is not.

I am going into GE first and then clicking on GMaps. My question is, can you download Google Maps as a different programme entirely. If not, how come it is slower than google Earth?

Here goes, been a member 5 minutes and wanting to stick a pin in the map!

Read through the thread but dont quite know if ive done anything correctly.

The spot I have found is:

CP Allerthorpe Wood
quiet wilding location off the A1079 near York, North Yorkshire
+53° 54' 59.87", -0° 51' 22.06"

What I do with that now I dont understand - the link button on Google Maps just bewildered me.....

You've done all that's needed! Thank you :)

I've added this spot to the POI database - so it'll be in the next release of the download.

Regards

Chris

Dangerous location needs removing!! Found a little gem to replace it!

I have an update on site:

LR Clumber (A614) (Nottinghamshire)

53.28929, -1.03269 - Google Maps

Visited there last night and it is obviously a well known gay hookup location. After 2 hours we couldnt stand it any longer (people walking round MH trying to see inside, like a scene from a horror film). You would not get any sleep here even if these creepy people didn't bother you, people talking and cars coming in and out every 15 minutes.

I had to explain to my 14 year old son why men were driving here late at night to sit in their cars and look at others or go off together into the woods. Embarassing and awkward especially as I dont understand why they need to do it but he knows now that there are places and people to avoid on your own.

Left location 10.30pm in pitch blackness and found a little gem.......

CR on B6034 Ollerton Road (Nottinghamshire) - large quiet roadside carpark, didnt hear a thing all night. There's a house just over the road so not a good gay location and its a parking area for Welbeck estate walk/cycle ways
53.238277, -1.083878‎
+53° 14' 17.80", -1° 5' 1.96"

Last edited:
I have an update on site:

LR Clumber (A614) (Nottinghamshire)

53.28929, -1.03269 - Google Maps

Visited there last night and it is obviously a well known gay hookup location. After 2 hours we couldnt stand it any longer (people walking round MH trying to see inside, like a scene from a horror film). You would not get any sleep here even if these creepy people didn't bother you, people talking and cars coming in and out every 15 minutes.

I had to explain to my 14 year old son why men were driving here late at night to sit in their cars and look at others or go off together into the woods. Embarassing and awkward especially as I dont understand why they need to do it but he knows now that there are places and people to avoid on your own.

Left location 10.30pm in pitch blackness and found a little gem.......

CR on B6034 Ollerton Road (Nottinghamshire) - large quiet roadside carpark, didnt hear a thing all night. There's a house just over the road so not a good gay location and its a parking area for Welbeck estate walk/cycle ways
53.238277, -1.083878‎
+53° 14' 17.80", -1° 5' 1.96"

Thanks for the update - I've removed the first location, and added the new one :)

Regards

Chris

Llanidloes, Powys

Llyn Clywedog
52/28'00.41N 3/36'14.39W Flat area below rocks used for climbing practice by schools

52/28'09.82N 3/36'18.52W Parking area with toilets in the viewing area for the dam

Tried Llyn Clywedog 2 for one night. Toilets closed and a steep hill either side, not good exiting with a cold engine!

Last edited:
Llanidloes, Powys

Llyn Clywedog
52/28'00.41N 3/36'14.39W Flat area below rocks used for climbing practice by schools

52/28'09.82N 3/36'18.52W Parking area with toilets in the viewing area for the dam

Tried Llyn Clywedog 2 for one night. Toilets closed and a steep hill either side, not good exiting with a cold engine!

Thanks for these - I've added them to the POI database :)

Sorry to 'nag', but could you please post future entries in this forum as a new thread with a suitable title?

Then I can move them to the appropriate country/county ...

Thanks

Chris

Thanks for these - I've added them to the POI database :)

Sorry to 'nag', but could you please post future entries in this forum as a new thread with a suitable title?

Then I can move them to the appropriate country/county ...

Thanks

Chris

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

Allerthorpe

allerthorpe.jpg

See post by NorthernSpirit2001 Wilding site nr York, North Yorkshire

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back