Portishead

Last time (and only time two years ago)we went to Portishead Esplanade to Wildcamp we were terrorised by Boy Racers who literally banged on the van on and off all night so Im not going to comment on this either way.

The problem is that the survey is being conducted by Sustrans on a "Two wheels good; four wheels bad" basis with COVID-19 used as an excuse by a known anti-motorist council. I suspect that they won't listen to arguments that access should be allowed for motorhomes because they're completely self contained and thus present no infection risk.

sad though it is for campers ,the worst hit are older people who just want to sit in their car looking out to sea, and maybe doze a bit . fewer and fewer places like this left . i instantly get a picture in my head of a local councillor thinking -hang on ,who's making dosh off this ?

Sustrans influenced Portsmouth Council in closing our seafront. The result is all the traffic has moved onto the road that has all the posh houses (well by Portsmouth standards) and now they can't park or cross the road. They also persuaded them to close off a lane of the main road onto the island (that has a cycle lane) and reduce the speed limit to 30 from 50. It was only when they were told by the Highways Agency that they would gridlock the M27 and A3M that they gave that up. Local voices made no difference.

sad though it is for campers ,the worst hit are older people who just want to sit in their car looking out to sea, and maybe doze a bit . fewer and fewer places like this left . i instantly get a picture in my head of a local councillor thinking -hang on ,who's making dosh off this ?
I have filled it in and raised that exact point using the word vehicle and not MH.👍

I was there last month there's enough space for 2 or 3 vans before the closed off bit I was talking to a full timer who said it's been closed since last summer so nothing to do with covid19 most likely too many motorhomes
However you can overnight in the carpark by lake cafe 20p for the toilets 24/7 pay and display carpark can't tell you price as I don't have to pay blue badge exempt

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back