Plastic clip on vehicle battery

regnarts

Just looking at the vehicle battery in my Peugeot Boxer Motorhome in the cab passenger footwell
Can anyone tell me what the red clip with 2 posidrive screws that fixes to the battery is, what is its function ?
I am struggling to remove the red positive side assembly after loosening off the 10mm stud on the post

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 22-47-48 what is the red plastic clip on boxer van battery - Google S...png
    Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 22-47-48 what is the red plastic clip on boxer van battery - Google S...png
    338.1 KB · Views: 171
Thanks for the response Tezza33 I fully understand this and did remove the screws but what is it's function ?
After removing the screws & loosened stud clamp the cable assembly still would not come away from the battery

Thanks for the response Tezza33 I fully understand this and did remove the screws but what is it's function ?
After removing the screws & loosened stud clamp the cable assembly still would not come away from the battery
I'd be interested to know what its for doesn't seem to have any function. I just replaced my battery and seem to remember that those screws go into what resembles raw plugs and needed prizing up

Sorry can't help with how to remove the assembly. It may be worth removing the clip and taking a photo of it and use Google lens which will find similar images and maybe explain what it is.

I know he`s a knob and not using the correct tools but fast forward to 4.50 in the video

Once you`ve loosened the clamp prise it open slightly with a flat blade screwdriver.

I don't think the red clip does anything apart from highlighting the screws, they are there to position and help support the large positive connection

The clip aligns the terminal plate assembly in relation to the battery before tightening the terminal clamp, and possibly provides some support as @Tezza33 says. If it starts to twist or deform when replacing the screws, it indicates that you have overtightened them.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back