petty locals trying to ruin it all!

Jeesaz!! I though that was my Kontiki for a minute! :D Just given her a quick reply.

How awful, people enjoying themselves in this day and age!
Well, DebbyClarke @wingedpsyche. Get a life!

she obviously an uninformed nutter

No she’s just uniformed.
When your only information on us comes from a totally biased press, other ignorant nimbys, and local and national politicians who don’t know the difference between a camper and a motorhome is this really such a surprise. The sooner we have a body to fight back, and help educate people like this the better.

I don’t think you will ever inform someone like her.
She is one of many interfering busybodies who has to poke her nose in and attempt to police what people do so they fit in with her way of thinking.

I’ve just looked at her Twatter feed.
Im suddenly reminded why I don’t subscribe to that sort of social media.

Fame at last!

It's my 'van in the right-hand picture.

There were four motorhomes present last night. In addition there were three or possibly four van conversions.

So she has grossly overstated the numbers.

Everybody was quiet and well behaved and the car park this morning was spotless, as it always is. I visit quite often.

There are no restrictions to parking here of which I'm aware. The Police are most unlikely to be interested.

I spoke to quite a few locals during my stay of several nights. All were friendly and there was absolutely no animosity displayed.

It's a place visited by many, local and not so local, and they all have one thing in common. Taking pleasure in beautiful surroundings and leaving it untainted.

Are you sure you weren’t all emptying toilet cassettes everywhere? She missed a trick there.....

Don't forget the pools of grey waste!

I forgot to add that a Council van came down several times and showed no interest in the parked motorhomes etc.

I follow a vanlifer on Youtube, and a few videos he put out showed not only how petty locals can be, but how nasty they can be. He had nowhere to go, so found a very remote spot in Scotland, got sniffed out, and received so many threats he feared for his safety and had to move elsewhere. Even once lockdown began being lifted, he found a quiet spot down an English lane, and stayed put. He had people walking past taking photos, others deliberately talking loudly when walking past calling him every name under the sun, and it escalated into rock throwing, and the last straw were bags of rubbish being thrown at his van from a passing car, which made it look as if he were littering, so was forced to clear them up. In both his Scottish and English locations he was staying parked up, and inside his van, as he had enough food for 8 weeks. The reception he got went beyond mere disapproval, and showed something particularly nasty about people.

I follow a vanlifer on Youtube, and a few videos he put out showed not only how petty locals can be, but how nasty they can be. He had nowhere to go, so found a very remote spot in Scotland, got sniffed out, and received so many threats he feared for his safety and had to move elsewhere. Even once lockdown began being lifted, he found a quiet spot down an English lane, and stayed put. He had people walking past taking photos, others deliberately talking loudly when walking past calling him every name under the sun, and it escalated into rock throwing, and the last straw were bags of rubbish being thrown at his van from a passing car, which made it look as if he were littering, so was forced to clear them up. In both his Scottish and English locations he was staying parked up, and inside his van, as he had enough food for 8 weeks. The reception he got went beyond mere disapproval, and showed something particularly nasty about people.

He may have had enough food for 8 weeks (less than lockdown length) but where was his water supply, and where was black and grey waste going?

No she’s just uniformed.
When your only information on us comes from a totally biased press, other ignorant nimbys, and local and national politicians who don’t know the difference between a camper and a motorhome is this really such a surprise. The sooner we have a body to fight back, and help educate people like this the better.

This body, how will it define between camper and motorhome? Is it the same body, or do motorcaravans now need to have separate bodies?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back