Pandemic vs the British Pub

Robmac

Anybody tried these?

They look good value at £56 for 35 pints. They sell a connector for a handpump too.

Scotia

Anybody tried these?

They look good value at £56 for 35 pints. They sell a connector for a handpump too.
Yes, i used to put my beer into them then moved onto stainless pins before moving on to the cornelius keg. The good thing about the bag in box is when you draw off the beer the bag collapses keeping oxygen out which causes the beer to turn. A light beer will keep upto 6 weeks and a stout 8 plus weeks.

Robmac

Yes, i used to put my beer into them then moved onto stainless pins before moving on to the cornelius keg. The good thing about the bag in box is when you draw off the beer the bag collapses keeping oxygen out which causes the beer to turn. A light beer will keep upto 6 weeks and a stout 8 plus weeks.

I used to use polypins years ago Sam. They were ok but perhaps a bit too rigid to work efficiently.

I'm still considering the Grainfather for when I've got the room.

Scotia

Has anyone ever tried filling the void in a keg with different gas that won't make it go off?
Co2
20210209_205112.jpg

Robmac

Has anyone ever tried filling the void in a keg with different gas that won't make it go off?

I seem to remember Flyby Paul trying to fill the golf club bar at Rutland with a different gas which did make the beer go off.

Scotia

No problem Rob will keep an eye out for a tap, i bought my bottle think it was £60 full and each re-fill from now on is £5 which will last me 8/9 months and that is also carbonating the beer when kegging. Just enjoying a pint at the moment.😂

Scotia

I'll need to speak with you nearer the time when my bar's set up Sam regarding a gas bottle/corny keg setup.
Another way to go is by using a Hambleton valve fitted into the corney keg lid, then use the filler adapter onto a soda stream bottle. Each fill of the bottle is between £11 /£14 so not that cost effective. If you can justify the outlay ( i heard a rumour you like a drink) take the route of a primary and secondary regulator for your gas. Speak to your friendly landlord he may have spare regulators lying around.

Robmac

Another way to go is by using a Hambleton valve fitted into the corney keg lid, then use the filler adapter onto a soda stream bottle. Each fill of the bottle is between £11 /£14 so not that cost effective. If you can justify the outlay ( i heard a rumour you like a drink) take the route of a primary and secondary regulator for your gas. Speak to your friendly landlord he may have spare regulators lying around.

Yeah I don't mind a quick half at Christmas or on birthdays Sam.

I think I will go the primary/secondary valve route and buy a new corny. I was thinking maybe a 34kg cylinder - how long would that last?

Cheers

mistericeman

That is a Guinness or stout mix of gas .

I only bled it in to the top of the barrel to allow beer to be drawn via the hand pump without causing a vacuum...

Anything like positive pressure risked blowing beer past the hand pump (same as if barrel is above pump height)

Kept it fresh for long enough for me to finish a 72 pinter. (not that took too long)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)