Paignton

I took up 2 bays on the car park at cheshire oaks, ( Im 7.5m) and got a fixed penalty for overhanging the bay?? work that out, the car park is bloody free and it was dead.

Best of all the bell end that ticketed me walked past me as I locked up and walked away and gave me a cheery smile, there wasnt a car with 50 yards of me
How strange unless somewhere in the small print there is a weight limit otherwise no idea maybe you should grab the little man by the throat and squeeze gently Until he tells you why. 😂😂

I took up 2 bays on the car park at cheshire oaks, ( Im 7.5m) and got a fixed penalty for overhanging the bay?? work that out, the car park is bloody free and it was dead.

Best of all the bell end that ticketed me walked past me as I locked up and walked away and gave me a cheery smile, there wasnt a car with 50 yards of me
Did you challenge it ?
If you are "in the right" persistence can pay.
And if it doesn't you have the satisfaction of costing them more in "wasted time" than the income
Pharses like "please escalate this to your line manager" etc and then "which councillor"
Then an email to the said councillor or indeed the Mayor

Did you challenge it ?
If you are "in the right" persistence can pay.
And if it doesn't you have the satisfaction of costing them more in "wasted time" than the income
Pharses like "please escalate this to your line manager" etc and then "which councillor"
Then an email to the said councillor or indeed the Mayor
to be honest I was at such a busy stage in my life at the time I just couldnt be arsed.

Tell you one that did happen though, I was tootling down lord street in southport probably 9pmish slowing up to stop at the lights in me van, off season so was quiet, and a woman walking at the side of me on the path suddenly just keeled over and dropped her bags etc, I pulled over where it said taxis only jumped out and started to assess her, few seconds she came round, and whilst i was asking her if she had any contacts I looked round at a guy who had just slapped a ticket on my window, probably no more than 5 minutes had passed since I stopped. He didnt have any official uniform or anything.

I shouted him whilst I was still holding her hand, trying to explain, he just shrugged his hands and got in a citreon picasso and drove off ????

Turns out the tit who gave me a ticket, is allowed too, as he represents taxi drivers, sits and waits then pounces??? I took witness names and numbers, complained to sefton council and it got binned.

TIT

The woman was fine, she was a little to long between diabetes meds, and a mars bar sorted her till her son came.

Unfortunately, even though a car park is free, the Off-street Parking Order probably requires vehicles to be parked within the demarcated bays. Failure to comply with any of the regulations may result in a Fixed Penalty Notice.

It does seem unnecessary to fine you in this situation but you probably would not have won an appeal.

I think you’ll find though a lot still tolerate us in Devon but they are getting stricter with the rules like paying for 2 bays if you don’t fit in one , the sooner they stop the furlough and get all these winging nimbys back to work and give them something else to moan about the better as far as I’m concerned. 😂
get atin of paint the same colour and spray be hind. the other one is for a mini. bean there seen it done. they were gone by 6 am. oh hell.let me loose. ok pj.

Unfortunately, even though a car park is free, the Off-street Parking Order probably requires vehicles to be parked within the demarcated bays. Failure to comply with any of the regulations may result in a Fixed Penalty Notice.

It does seem unnecessary to fine you in this situation but you probably would not have won an appeal.
Yeah, at the time I just CBA anyway.
But looking at it, an empty 500 space car park with me tucked away in a corner for 30 mins bothering no one got my goat a little, rules are rules I suppose.

On the other hand, I could have gone out of the car park and stopped on the 2 way road leading into the estate which has no double or any yellow lines and not been ticketed by him as that is part of the pubic highway, but yet I would certainly have been a possible part obstruction
Madness !!

We were on holiday in Paignton a few weeks ago.staying in a static caravan as we had took my mum. We noticed how many motorhomes were parked up on the sea front also a few seemed to be wild camping at goodrington sand's not far from the holiday park we stayed at so think south Devon is definitely motor home friendly

We were on holiday in Paignton a few weeks ago.staying in a static caravan as we had took my mum. We noticed how many motorhomes were parked up on the sea front also a few seemed to be wild camping at goodrington sand's not far from the holiday park we stayed at so think south Devon is definitely motor home friendly
goodringtons lovley, I could have swore the had height barriers last time I went about 8 years ago, Ill be heading that way in a few weeks, Ill pop round there so thanks

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back