Our new Van

labowski

Free Member
So we've just bought this Van. We will be experimenting using it in the UK, and then next year explore Europe. We are not so keen on campsites and big groups of people so I am hoping we can wild camp although we haven't ever done it before... Looking forward to using the POI, and hoping the car parks aren't full of people that will tell us to move on :)

2.JPG

Small listed or certificated sites affiliated to the main clubs can be very handy and it might be worth joining BritStops to give you more choice, at least till you get to Europe. There’s many more places to stop there, and generally for free.

Stick window film/tint on rear windows curtain behind seats ( separate cab ) you'll get away with it crew cab van - it's discreet - and dont light it up like a christmas tree evening time - certainly better places than car parks with your style van

We do wild from time to time, but in the main we use Caravan & Motorhome Club CL sites. When you join you receive a thick publication which lists all their club sites (horrid large crowded and expensive) affiliate sites (professionally run large yuk sites) but best of all their 1,000's of amazing CL sites. These sites vary enormously in price from as low as £3 per night right up to super luxurious ones (which we don't go to) costing as much as £27 per night.
I usually sit down with my lap top keyed into their (dreadful) website and with the guide book in hand I go through every single CL listed that costs £12 or less that have good to excellent reviews........... we have discovered 100's and we always go for those that are very rural, no showers or loos, a large area of ground and with difficult access, the last point being that it normally keeps away travelling gin palaces and caravans!

ps. Also, if we are going spring to high summer when we don't need electric hook up and they offer it into the price, I always ask for a discount off the site fee if we don't hook up and normally receive a £2 to £3 discount, tight git that I am!

We do wild from time to time, but in the main we use Caravan & Motorhome Club CL sites. When you join you receive a thick publication which lists all their club sites (horrid large crowded and expensive) affiliate sites (professionally run large yuk sites) but best of all their 1,000's of amazing CL sites. These sites vary enormously in price from as low as £3 per night right up to super luxurious ones (which we don't go to) costing as much as £27 per night.
I usually sit down with my lap top keyed into their (dreadful) website and with the guide book in hand I go through every single CL listed that costs £12 or less that have good to excellent reviews........... we have discovered 100's and we always go for those that are very rural, no showers or loos, a large area of ground and with difficult access, the last point being that it normally keeps away travelling gin palaces and caravans!

ps. Also, if we are going spring to high summer when we don't need electric hook up and they offer it into the price, I always ask for a discount off the site fee if we don't hook up and normally receive a £2 to £3 discount, tight git that I am!
I treat everyone the same gin palaces and caravans included they dont all look down on you - some do yes but not all of them so please dont tar them all with same brush give them a chance - then treat them how they deserve to be treated - how they treat you is the point you can annoy them if necessary without doing anything wrong

When I got my van, I had every intention of Wildcamping. That’s was until I parked the van the first time, put my boots on, and started walking.
That’s when the “ What ifs “ kicked in. What if it’s broken into, what if there’s a fire. What if ? Think you’re getting the picture. If going solo, for me, a CL every time.
In Europe, use the Aries. They’re brilliant.

Enjoy your new van it's a beauty. Doesn't matter if it's quirky the quirkier the better 😀....
We got our Renault master two years ago and I still love it .. it's barely got 40,000 miles on it. i live that we can park up anywhere in it and get down the steepest narrow road I have ever seen in France last year 😱
When we got it it was a bit grim inside I had "people" say what have they bought that for ? Well it's been completely transformed.
Enjoy your van ... hope you have some great trips in it ..

When we got it it was a bit grim inside I had "people" say what have they bought that for ? Well it's been completely transformed.

As a fellow Renault Master owner, yes it is amazing where we can get to in them unlike the bloated gin palaces!
As you have transformed your interior, why not pop over to the free to join sister site of https://motorhomebuilder.com/ and show us your van.

Phil

I would feel a bit of a cheat because ours is a devon Monte Carlo so completely pre converted from factory. We have removed seats doors and tampered with the lay out by raising the bed to add more storage so looks nothing like what we brought home. I will try and find the pics of the before and after 😀

I would feel a bit of a cheat because ours is a devon Monte Carlo so completely pre converted from factory. We have removed seats doors and tampered with the lay out by raising the bed to add more storage so looks nothing like what we brought home. I will try and find the pics of the before and after 😀
You will find that there are several people on motorhomebuilder who haven't totally built their own vans from scratch, but have modified professional conversions, so you wouldn't be cheating!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back