DSCF1524.jpg

I bought it back from Germany myself in 2006
DSCF8931.jpg

with a few other Karmanns at our annual treffen(meeting) in the peak district
Treffen2011089.jpg

0041.jpg

Last edited:
and just noticed the totally illegal number plate lol
The local plods are less observant then you-got pulled over once by a copper on a bike to allow a Wide load through-he did that thing that the English do when talking to foreigners-talked very loudly and waved his arms and pointed a lot,he even attempted a bit of pidgin english/german"Grosser wagen kommen down the Stasse mate" I replied in my best German and thanked him for the information.Its left hand drive and has German stickers and a roundel on the back!:lol-053:
Deva2008029-1.jpg

also on my Export plates from when I bought it back.

Last edited:
The local plods are less observant then you-got pulled over once by a copper on a bike to allow a Wide load through-he did that thing that the English do when talking to foreigners-talked very loudly and waved his arms and pointed a lot,he even attempted a bit of pidgin english/german"Grosser wagen kommen down the Stasse mate" I replied in my best German and thanked him for the information.Its left hand drive and has German stickers and a roundel on the back!:lol-053:

haha.

when i had my T3, with Berlin numberplates over here, i had blonde hair, tall, blue eyes and german jacket.... window down and everyone was slagging off the germans, trouble is, when i speak back in a yorkshire accents and i ask them to repeat to my face what they said they soon shut up lol.

have you got a LHD sticker on the rear? i had idiots beeping at me etc, when i had to point at a different angle at junktions due to the wheel on the wrong side.... they didnt seem to understand no matter how many times i tried to explain i had restricted vision.

i never botherd with export plates as techically, 'export' is outside of the EU transfering stuff, so i just brought it over. paper work just sent back to germany, with a value of 1eu. and i guess you know how long and complicated german paperwork is, not like our V5 i fill out in seconds...........#

i never botherd with export plates as techically, 'export' is outside of the EU transfering stuff, so i just brought it over. paper work just sent back to germany, with a value of 1eu. and i guess you know how long and complicated german paperwork is, not like our V5 i fill out in seconds...........#

Yep the Germans really do like stamping documents!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back