OU Newhaven 1 (E Sussex) no longer available.

noarlunga

The riverside parking on Denton Island is no longer available - 'no motorhomes overnight' signs. This was on the cards as the last time we stayed there prior to catching the ferry to Dieppe we were visited by a council official in the morning who said we couldn't sleep there. He was a tad late as we had already had our sleep.

The problem was that there were a few full timers parked there - folks from abroad who were doing temporary work locally. With no facilities they were not keeping the environment very clean....

Anyway, it needs to come off the POI list.

• Angry
Reactions: GMJ
That’s a shame, it was handy there, you can stay at the pub just up the road from there, it is polite to ask tho and buy a drink :)

The riverside parking on Denton Island is no longer available - 'no motorhomes overnight' signs. This was on the cards as the last time we stayed there prior to catching the ferry to Dieppe we were visited by a council official in the morning who said we couldn't sleep there. He was a tad late as we had already had our sleep.

The problem was that there were a few full timers parked there - folks from abroad who were doing temporary work locally. With no facilities they were not keeping the environment very clean....

Anyway, it needs to come off the POI list.
Have you reported it on the Location app? :)

You have to question the legality of the signs.

Unless there is a Traffic Regulation Order in effect the signs are not enforceable.

I can find nothing on the internet that confirms that such an Order has been created.
Doesn't make for a very nice stay if you have to argue with a council official though...

You have to question the legality of the signs.

Unless there is a Traffic Regulation Order in effect the signs are not enforceable.

I can find nothing on the internet that confirms that such an Order has been created.
Where would one look to check it out? There are quite a few places I would like to question.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back