oscillating fan

rugbyken

bought this fan from costco the smaller option priced £32 found it really good you can opt for set position nodding up and down swing side to side or set it to circle around 4 speed settings all controlled on base or by remote, overnight had it on 1 virtually silent gentle waft 8 foot away on 2 it’s still pretty quite and a good breeze jan made me turn it down it was lifting the hem of her nightdress,
i would like to investigate taking it away in the van & would happily get another but is it power hungry ? see spec got a good panel & a couple of batteries that will need swapping soon ! 4.5 years old
F481E8FC-00E9-47EA-A6D1-8BB423A42A9A.jpeg
48782B64-DC9F-4D63-9371-072964587F42.jpeg
D03EEB3F-7B5D-4273-9046-F275270992CF.jpeg

I've been thinking about the JML fans currently being advertised on tv and wonder how noisy they are

Have a usb one for van but the wife hates them, large one in living room, but found they don't lower the room temp and just move air.
Their is a unit which cools the air as it has a mini fridge unit inside, bit like aircon, but they are expensive.

I quite like the idea of rechargeable fans.

There are a few being advertised on TV lately which I am considering. I guess they will be in big demand though - hence the advertising.

i have a usb rechargeable one looks like a copy of the endless breeze but it’s way noisier than this as trev says they onlty move the air so the oscillating one is more effective

We had one of these in the transit drawing cooler air from under the van and blowing it into the van...
Powered from the load terminals in the van and a variable speed (rheostat) switch.

I guess that big and slower will be quieter than small and fast to move the same volume of air.
We bought a fan in anticipation of being somewhere warm in winter so not used it yet! :rolleyes:

I guess that big and slower will be quieter than small and fast to move the same volume of air.
We bought a fan in anticipation of being somewhere warm in winter so not used it yet! :rolleyes:
Big and slower will be quieter but not necessarily the same volume, those 300mm dia computer case fans used to push a lot of volume and we’re still silent

I have one of these for the van Plus it’s quite compact when folded.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back