Oppy freebie

oppy

Hi folks, a couple or three years ago Maplins closed down and I bought a mini induction hob for the 'van happily thinking that our inverter would run it, sadly it didn't because it is a msw rather than a pure sine wave that the machine needed. We have used it a couple of times when we have had a mains hookup, but for us, it's no blessed use, so if you can give it a home, 'tis yours. So what is it? Well it is a single induction ring rated at 500 watts similar to the Lakeland one plus a Vonshef steel adaptor plate that allows the use of normal pans etc. So if you can give it a home 'tis yours. We are at the Jurassic Coast meet in a couple of weeks
Cheers Peter

ps, I'd still like to sell our bike rack and back box too

Hi Peter - could I have this please? I seem to find nowadays I'm often on EHU and would like to save gas.

I'll happily make a donation to a charity of your choice.

I am at the Jurassic meet and can collect for Caz as I am then driving to the Kelso meet that I believe Caz is attending.

Last edited:
Hi Peter - could I have this please? I seem to find nowadays I'm often on EHU and would like to save gas.

I'll happily make a donation to a charity of your choice.
You're welcome, the lovely Annie has offered to collect it for you. Our preferred charity has always been Help For Hero's but in the current situation all our spare cash is going to support friends in Romania assisting the Ukrainians, so maybe a nice red and I'll pass on the value to David in Sighisoara together with our next monthly donation. But on the other hand, it's up for nowt, so just take it and enjoy. But though please feel free to donate to your Church or your favourite charity, we are just happy to pass it to a good home without any strings
Peter

Last edited:
A very nice offer from Oppy there.
And I can confirm those little Portable Induction Hobs (I have the same Maplins one and an identical Lakeland one) are brilliant and I use mine rather than the gas hob for any hot drinks and the like.

Hi folks, a couple or three years ago Maplins closed down and I bought a mini induction hob for the 'van happily thinking that our inverter would run it, sadly it didn't because it is a msw rather than a pure sine wave that the machine needed. We have used it a couple of times when we have had a mains hookup, but for us, it's no blessed use, so if you can give it a home, 'tis yours. So what is it? Well it is a single induction ring rated at 500 watts similar to the Lakeland one plus a Vonshef steel adaptor plate that allows the use of normal pans etc. So if you can give it a home 'tis yours. We are at the Jurassic Coast meet in a couple of weeks
Cheers Peter

ps, I'd still like to sell our bike rack and back box too
What size is the back box Peter

I am at the Jurassic meet and can collect for Caz as I am then driving to the Kelso meet that I believe Caz is attending.

You're welcome, the lovely Annie has offered to collect it for you. Our preferred charity has always been Help For Hero's but in the current situation all our spare cash is going to support friends in Romania assisting the Ukrainians, so maybe a nice red and I'll pass on the value to David in Sighisoara together with our next monthly donation. But on the other hand, it's up for nowt, so just take it and enjoy. But though please feel free to donate to your Church or your favourite charity, we are just happy to pass it to a good home without any strings
Peter
Thank you Annie, that's nice of you to offer but I should be at both the Dorset and the Kelso meets unless my plans go awry.

And thank you Peter, you are also very nice.

I will see you both at the Jurassic Coast meet.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back