One night camping in France cost me €63 with no services……..

Snapster

Mind you, that did include 12 bottles of wine and about an hour tasting various others…….
🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🥂🍾🍷🍷🍷🍷
09F37D2A-6026-4B00-BCCC-21C764CE4D3A.jpeg

You got off lightly, we did a france passion many years back at a vineyard/winery in St Emillion. Tasting and tour as you might expect. We bought 6 bottles of 3 vintages and walked out €90 lighter. We put them away. About time they were tasted to make sure they haven’t gone off!!

We usually buy Fitou in the supermarches at about €4 which is more my style and budget. Grieves me if our stocks run out between trips. £8 for a choice of one (if lucky) in Sainsburys.

Davy

Money well spent..
A) You had to stop somewhere the night. Say 15€ .. Ignore aires and wild camping.. That's for poor people.
You had a good bevvy and learnt a thing or 2.
And you've come away with the satisfaction that you've supported a poor French Farmer.
And..
A case of good wine that you'd have to have bought somewhere, anyway.
Where were you?

Money well spent..
A) You had to stop somewhere the night. Say 15€ .. Ignore aires and wild camping.. That's for poor people.
You had a good bevvy and learnt a thing or 2.
And you've come away with the satisfaction that you've supported a poor French Farmer.
And..
A case of good wine that you'd have to have bought somewhere, anyway.
Where were you?
They didn’t look poor, but we supported them. If was in Neuville de Poitou.
The night before was another winery at Juigné sur Loire and today we are at another France passion site that sells honey and beeswax, near Soudan
This is the first time we have stayed at more than one FP site in one trip away.
image.jpg

Love using FP sites as it takes you into their world and you find some amazing out of the way places that you wouldn't normally find.

Had some wonderful FP stops. We always photograph where we are with the bottle and note it down. Then whenever we opens drink the wine you can relive that part of the trip. Just done a Bodego stop in Portugal, stunning views and great tastings. Yes I did buy some wine. The one in the Bordeaux area the other year was a tasting given by a delightful French lady just for me. If my wife hadn’t come along I would have bought the vineyard never mind a bottle or two....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back