Oh woe is me,

I like your logic Trev but I did what Pudsey (kev?) advised and I have spoken to a nice chap called Mark who is ordering me the correct part to replace that board. If replacing that does not work then I shall go down your route. There are reasons why I do not want to loose the control panel, mainly to do with the way I convince my wife not to waste water.

Regards to all Harry

Glad it seems to be working out, yes Mark is a good bloke to deal with so is the other one and the lass who works there, all very clued up and "customer focussed".

I have a list of companies that are good at what they do but it keeps getting shorter as they go bust.

You need a Liz, she can do all she needs with one 1ltr kettle of hot water and a small bowl n flannel including her long hair.

Reactions: REC
Ah well mine nearly can but she gets careless unless I constantly point out the water levels. We both shower every day so I can't complain really but the gauge on the panel is soo handy. I carry half a dozen 15 litre fold-able bottles and a transfer pump for spare so we rarely get desperate and I have made the tank overflow a couple of inches higher than original position so I don't loose any going round corners.

That must mean that you're the lion then, just give her a tap with your claws sheathed, if that doesn't work you're on your own.

I feel your pain and am trying to be helpful. When I built a Kitcar I had a schematic wiring diagram. I set the loom into three components, a rear loom, dashboard, and front loom

I laid out the cables across the floor in the front room, and as I measured and cut each component wire I fixed a plant label against it, allowing a little extra for amendments. It was a type of 'first fix'. Those labels stayed on as I laid out the partial loom around the car, only being removed as I completed each connection. A pal visited for a morning to cast a quick eye over things.

By a stroke of good fortune the finished car started first time, and all the components worked as intended. I'm not an electrician.

I wish you well.

Thanks Hurricane, I am going to do each circuit piecemeal. I have a cable tracker with which I shall find the relevant cables and I shall make up a glass fibre board on which to mount the switches and fuses and bit by bit I shall do it, I hope!

Many here used old cut down railway sleepers, hard to get now as all concrete.
Most places it's now illegal to sell them as originals were pressure treated with Full fat Creosote.... Toxic stuff BUT a far better preservative than most modern rubbish

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back