Off Topic Chat Room

izwozral

Going to be a load of pubs, cafe's and restaurants going bust, order a beer or food, just think how many hands have touched the crockery, cutlery or glasses, you can't sterilise them when full of food or drink.

BA are predicted to go bust. Sale of cars will decline. Trafford Centre facing bankruptcy.

This is going to make so many country's economies go pear shaped.

NeilyG

In asda Antrim this morning,little bleach and almost no loo rolls accept the very expensive super duper soft stuff,bread and tin soup almost all away,strange thong only 2 till girls wearing gloves.
What about folk handling baskets and trols,no sanitizers at door either. :unsure:
Yes, I def think every shop & public place should have cleansing dispensers at the doors at least, just as in hospitals (which are apparently getting ripped off the walls).
I guess the problem will be getting hold of the things - think ‘uncle Boris’ should be handing them out, esp if any are made in this country.

REC

In our local town Central Portugal today, the shops are all showing signs saying keep 2m from counter, chemist only let four people in at a time. Also asking to use contactless cards rather than cash. The chemist had not got much handcleanser for themselves and none for sale. Only 8 reported cases here but think these figures are all very skewed as most don't get tested.

harrow

I got a packet of toilet rolls this morning £3.50 for nine, its the first toilet rolls I have seen in a week and I have been going out twice a day.
No bars of soap, no pasta, but I got some 36p bread in morrisons, :)

harrow

went to waitrose , thought it might be quieter. place was full , so went up to tescos , blimey ! queues going round the corner ,totally rammed ! came home
We got to morrisons at 09.00 this morning and the place was rammed, mind you you get a better class of shopper in waitrose :unsure:

Tookey

My mum lives in Surrey and said Waitrose has been emptied cos as a rule Waitrose shoppers have money (as does Surrey) so can afford to bulk buy and can fit it in the boot of the BMW. Todmorden Lidl has still got pasta but frozen pizza shelves are empty🤣

mariesnowgoose

Went to Costco yesterday, just to fill up with diesel so I don't have to bother again for a while.

Was nervous the whole time I was out, but fortunately I still have some small bottles of anti-bac gel, bought for out and about when I was doing chemo last year. Very useful after handling fuel pumps, door handles, card machine buttons etc.

Not trying to show off, but I also have a couple of full packs of Wilko anti-bacterial wipes from last year too!

No problem with the Costco fuel, but every single car parking space was taken and the car park is mahoosive. Never seen it so rammed!

Guess all those profiteers must have been inside bulk buying the multi-pack loo rolls etc.
Apparently, as soon as a delivery lorry arrives with loo rolls and they hit the shelves they are all gone within the space of a couple of hours.
Didn't bother going in myself, came straight home.

Tookey

'Guess all those profiteers must have been inside bulk buying the multi-pack loo rolls etc.
Apparently, as soon as a delivery lorry arrives with loo rolls and they hit the shelves they are all gone within the space of a couple of hours.'

The trees will be in leaf soon so clean bums won't be an issue, can't wait, these holly leaves are brutal

trixie88

GREED SHEER GREED........bulk buying and stocking up........empty sheves everywhere....no thought for others...............
no frozen veg..compartments were all empty.........guess those with big freezers in garage have it stocked to the brim........hope it defrosts on them........SELFISH BBBAARRSTEWARDS.

Last edited:

trixie88

..........sorry its multiposted
GREED SHEER GREED......bulk buying and panic buying....do these folk not think of others apart from themselves.
empty selves everywhere.........even frozen veg compartments ere empty......probably all sitting in the chest freezers in the garage of these GREED FOLK........hope it defrosts on them all.
there are families with children and low income who can only shop from week to week when they get to the store shelves are empty.
THINK OF OTHERS BEFORE BULK BUYING......AND STORING.
time for some rationing maybe

Last edited:

mariesnowgoose

Great to see you posting again, Trixie! :)

Hope you managed to get some grub and essentials in.

Don't forget my cousin Nicola is less than 5 mins from you if you need any groceries dropping off regularly.
Just let me know - and don't be bl**dy proud about it, I know what you're like, Mrs. Stubborn! rofl 😜:ROFLMAO:😂 ;) xx

trixie88

Don't forget my cousin Nicola is less than 5 mins from you if you need any groceries dropping off regularly.
Just let me know - and don't be bl**dy proud about it, I know what you're like, Mrs. Stubborn! rofl 😜:ROFLMAO:😂 ;) xx
thanks marie.......it just makes my blood boil...i was so shocked to see all the empty shelves.......it was like carnage...empty boxes everywhere.....dont know what its all coming to.......it was pandemonium.........you do right in thinking of going off in your van.......
yes managed to get some food in....couldnt believe all the chicken shelves were empty.......practically live on chicken thighs and veg.........no chicken so got the last pack of 3 tuna cans........got to be good for me..eh.......take care

trixie88

thanks marie.......it just makes my blood boil...i was so shocked to see all the empty shelves.......it was like carnage...empty boxes everywhere.....dont know what its all coming to.......it was pandemonium.........you do right in thinking of going off in your van.......
yes managed to get some food in....couldnt believe all the chicken shelves were empty.......practically live on chicken thighs and veg.........no chicken so got the last pack of 3 tuna cans........got to be good for me..eh.......take care

trixie88

sorry having problems this is multiposting again....can someone sort it pleas......and wht does it keep doing this

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)