Off Topic Chat Room

harrow

The profiteers are out in force making money off the back of people's fear 😝

There are plenty of good alternatives to hand gel that you can make up yourself if you want.
Loads of stuff on Google, and the alternatives have been around a while, not just stuff that's been posted up as a mere reaction to this virus pandemic.

Distilled white vinegar is a brilliant disinfectant and the simplest to get hold of - until everyone starts jumping on the bleedin' band wagon, that is!
Use it as a standby by filling a small portable bottle - an empty sanitising gel bottle that has a screw cap, perhaps? I've got a few (full) mini bottles of gel from last year. I'll be re-using those if it becomes necessary. Or anything else that can be suitably recycled into a dispenser.

You just have to start thinking outside the box a bit. Necessity is the mother, etc. ;):)
A drop of thin bleach on your hands before you wash them at the sink will kill most of the germs :) We keep some thin bleach in old washing up liquid bottles ;)

mariesnowgoose

A drop of thin bleach on your hands before you wash them at the sink will kill most of the germs :) We keep some thin bleach in old washing up liquid bottles ;)
Bleach isn't anywhere near as kind to your skin as vinegar though :)

Vinegar mixed with some of my dad's nearly 100% proof plum spirit should do the trick.
No need to dry your hands either, just lick them after! 🤣😆

Robmac

Anyone noticed that brewery wagon going up and down the A1 looking for the 'Rob's Arms' pub?
Has Julie finished the roof yet Rob?
It will be called 'the dog house' Chris.

She was unable to finish the roof today due to me being wukking with a mate and therefore unable to be there to supervise. Might have a go tomorrow if the rain holds off.

Off for beer now as it goes!

REC

Bleach isn't anywhere near as kind to your skin as vinegar though :)

Vinegar mixed with some of my dad's nearly 100% proof plum spirit should do the trick.
No need to dry your hands either, just lick them after! 🤣😆
On a more serious note....this article was quite informative....

mariesnowgoose

I have been to the supermarket this morning, I managed to get a loaf of bread but there were no toilet rolls again.

Panic buying seemed to be going on.

I got a metro newspaper for emergencies :oops:
Have you tried alternatives like kitchen rolls?
They do the job just as well, but I think too many idiots have been buying those too.

Honest to gawd, this country is overflowing with folk possessing the IQ of an amoeba.
Second thoughts, I take that back - that's an insult to amoebas! 😠

trevskoda

In asda Antrim this morning,little bleach and almost no loo rolls accept the very expensive super duper soft stuff,bread and tin soup almost all away,strange thong only 2 till girls wearing gloves.
What about folk handling baskets and trols,no sanitizers at door either. :unsure:

yorkslass

In asda Antrim this morning,little bleach and almost no loo rolls accept the very expensive super duper soft stuff,bread and tin soup almost all away,strange thong only 2 till girls wearing gloves.
What about folk handling baskets and trols,no sanitizers at door either. :unsure:
Apparently supermarket baskets are one of the main sources of infection along with cash.

trevskoda

Apparently supermarket baskets are one of the main sources of infection along with cash.
Yes and many older folk dont have or know who to use a c/card,wifes folks still have a old purse with money to pay every thing and would not know what a card looked like .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)