Off Topic Chat Room

harrow

Jenny has hers on Monday.. That's why we had to fly back at this uncomfortable time of year.. We hope it's a waste of time and money,, but even then, that will give us peace of mind.
We've got the Olive and orange crops to get in when we get home.
We spent Thursday at Moorfields eye hospital A&E Thursday because Carol had a retina bleed but she is not diabetic. :(

trixie88

Saw the floods on tv,poor sods everything is damaged,how will it ever be right again and why build close to rivers on flood planes,ins co will i hope pay out fast.
a lot of folk were not able to get insurance for flood........both residential and business premises.......awful time for them all....more especially as christmas is fast approaching ............it must be back enough being flooded in summer......even more horrendous in winter time............

Nesting Zombie

A cpl of Weeks ago there was major flooding in the Usk valleys from the Rains so much so that he River topped its bank & Spilled Out onto the flood planes, Flooding Roads, Businesses, Pubs & Homes in the process.
The ground hasn’t Really had a chance to recover so this rain has just topped everything up again.
But The Nest has been doing it’s best -
‘King Knute’
Impersonation at it’s park up & To Great effect -
AF4FD424-6FCB-410D-875A-8FAC0DA678AC.jpeg

Although it did take a break from its exhaustive efforts for a cpl of hours THATS when it started to creep up a tad, before The Nest got back to defying the water-
5BE075AC-0BC2-422B-A375-2C790B915B94.png

Last edited:

izwozral

And they were late collecting us , next morning...
One can't get reliable staff, these days.
Mind you, they do live next to the world's best Cheshire pub.
After a couple of exceptional pints of porter, a Herculean Madras curry, I left behind, my bag containing wallet, phone, passports.. The lot,
It was still hanging on my vacated chair, an hour later.
Thanks, Ral and Izzy.

Tee hee 🤣 🤣 🤣

I don't think you've noticed my other thread yet.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

trixie88

A cpl of Weeks ago there was major flooding in the Usk valleys from the Rains so much so that he River topped its bank & Spilled Out onto the flood planes, Flooding Roads, Businesses, Pubs & Homes in the process.
The ground hasn’t Really had a chance to recover so this rain has just topped everything up again.
But The Nest has been doing it’s best -
‘King Knute’
Impersonation at it’s park up & To Great effect -
View attachment 74536
Although it did take a break from its exhaustive efforts for a cpl of hours THATS when it started to creep up a tad, before The Nest got back to defying the water-
View attachment 74537
zombie...at least with your home.........you can get in and drive it to dry land.......if you know water is expected

oppy

hope all was ok , spent a lot of time in the bristol eye hosp myself, retinal bleeds , occlusions, cataract , retinal detachment ,lasering,oh the medical words fair trip off the tongue !
Now I know why the NHS is skint. I have age related macular degeneration, early cataracts and glaucoma, all I get is eye drops and 6 monthly checks. I now realise why.........................................All the blasted funding is going down to Brissle
I hate you Nige 😭😭😍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)