Off Topic Chat Room

n brown

did you get an unstoppable urge to shift a bit as soon as they'd got you lined up ?
then you think the session's a waste of time as you've moved

harrow

3rd day of radio today. Seems to be going OK so far.

Get the same nurses each time, up to now anyway. One is a lovely southern Irish lass, even taller than me!

Pop over to the Maggie's Centre straight after for cake and a cuppa before heading home. You meet some lovely folk there.

Catch you all later, have a good day wherever you are 😉 🌝 🌈
On the radio again, keep up the good work :)

trevskoda

Are the any parts of NI that have mains gas ?
In england you don't have to far to find areas with no gas. :unsure:
Yes all around in my zone but in country you can get a big tank,why folk want gas baffles me as oil is 1.5 more efc and you can repair/clean jets etc,gas you cannot touch and cost is thru the roof .
I keep a spare burner at hand with a quick 3 pin electric lawn mower type plug on it,plus a marine outboard fuel coupler so i can swap burner in about 5 mins,this gives me time to fix fault on old unit.
I also have a two boiler set up with a change over valve so quick switch over if at night if a prob happens,gas is for flats and apartments/town houses.

mariesnowgoose

Morning, morning, morning 😁 💦 ☔ 🌈

Cold, dark and piddling down here. Looks like Sheffield got a hefty dose of the wet stuff yesterday at Meadowell. 😳

Well, it's the last radiotherapy of the week today. Looking forward to the weekend when I can have a lie in! rofl 😉 😴
One week down, 2 to go. I have a feeling they're going to fly by 😊

Have a good day folks and keep warm and dry wherever you are.

REC

Pretty grey here in Kent this morning too. Setting off to drive back to Suffolk this morning. Hope traffic isn't too bad at Dartford tunnel! Both mum's have now got all their Christmas presents sorted having spent a day with each shopping. They both worry about getting out to do it and now can spend the weeks before Christmas sorting, wrapping and feeling organised. I, on the other hand, don't mind taking my time. Love choosing gifts and buying them is easy with internet or local stores......I just hope my mum remembers to look at the list and doesn't forget it has all been done! Her short term memory loss is pretty bad now :cry:

izwozral

Came back from meeting up with Paul & Jenny last night, driving along the narrow flooded lanes in the dark was a bit hairy. There was one flooded area just on a sharp bend that we drove into that almost brought the car to a standstill, lights started flickering but managed to steer the car onto a slightly raised bank. :eek:

jeanette

Morning campers it’s cold and wet here your doing great Marie it’ll soon fly over or is that just me where the weeks merge into one another or so it seems!.. we’ve not been too bad for Christmas shopping g/kids are nearly all done it will be one hectic house on Christmas Day 🤦🏽‍♀️ Izzy that would have definitely been a bit hairy the road where our vets are usually get flooded and pretty deep and then you get the ones that just go through at break neck speed!.. stay safe and dry wherever and whatever your doing

harrow

yorkslass

Saw the floods on tv,poor sods everything is damaged,how will it ever be right again and why build close to rivers on flood planes,ins co will i hope pay out fast.
Not five minutes from where I live, they are building new houses which are lower than the height of the main road. The site also boasts a pond at the bottom which formed a few weeks ago but isn't showing any sign of drying out. No way would I want one of those houses......oh, just remembered, they are also building over old mine works, had to redesign the plans to avoid building on top of the mine shafts......you couldn't make it up.

mariesnowgoose

You've had the wet stuff pretty bad further south 💦 😕

Some heavy rain here with a few standing puddles in fields and on roads and pavements where the drainage isn't so good, but nothing like you guys in the middle of the country.

This morning we woke up to a heavy frost, everywhere white, so looks like winter is getting ready to nip our fingers and toes.

I predict a cold winter. We should start taking bets...? 😉

Pauljenny

Came back from meeting up with Paul & Jenny last night, driving along the narrow flooded lanes in the dark was a bit hairy. There was one flooded area just on a sharp bend that we drove into that almost brought the car to a standstill, lights started flickering but managed to steer the car onto a slightly raised bank. :eek:
And they were late collecting us , next morning...
One can't get reliable staff, these days.
Mind you, they do live next to the world's best Cheshire pub.
After a couple of exceptional pints of porter, a Herculean Madras curry, I left behind, my bag containing wallet, phone, passports.. The lot,
It was still hanging on my vacated chair, an hour later.
Thanks, Ral and Izzy.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)