Off Topic Chat Room

peter palance

Brilliant idea, This Forum just gets better & Better !.
I was just letting my Grey Waste run out & Dumping my Toilet Waste over a Wall in a lay-by while Running my Generator for a few hours & thought This charity bank for our posts & Discussions is a great idea.

(There, That should get us going!)
so your in it,best of luck,no finger sucking oh no.not again, ok pj

peter palance

Morning all,
A bright September morning in Devon.

Thanks for all the reward points already donated.. (y)

The charity nominations list is growing, but we need lots more suggestions, members can suggest more than one charity.
my points can go were you think, ps all the best, ok pj

Edina

A great start for Charity in the raffle (y)

Been to fetch some ceiling joists - good time to go, everyone is watching telly :D. We debated whether to patch the ceiling after removing the walls and chimney, or re-board it - it was decided to re-board the whole ceiling :rolleyes:. Think I'd rather bang up new boards than plaster (it gets in my hair).

trixie88

SHOCKED.......////////// just figured out how much gas a Pilot uses..........WOW couldnt believe it.......needless to say..said light now switched off..............should see BIG reduction in next bill

harrow

SHOCKED.......////////// just figured out how much gas a Pilot uses..........WOW couldnt believe it.......needless to say..said light now switched off..............should see BIG reduction in next bill
I know from experience a baxi back boiler gas pilot light cost £75 in 9 months, the boiler was switched off in a empty house.
I would have turned the gas off if I had realised how much it cost. :unsure:

n brown

Been to fetch some ceiling joists - good time to go, everyone is watching telly :D. We debated whether to patch the ceiling after removing the walls and chimney, or re-board it - it was decided to re-board the whole ceiling :rolleyes:. Think I'd rather bang up new boards than plaster (it gets in my hair).
dry lining ?
as for gas consumption , really noticed it when we had the van fridge on - onl y a small flame , but it doubled our costs. modern boilers should have an on-demand gas pilot , that lights when you turn a tap on etc

trixie88

dry lining ?
as for gas consumption , really noticed it when we had the van fridge on - onl y a small flame , but it doubled our costs. modern boilers should have an on-demand gas pilot , that lights when you turn a tap on etc
dont seem to have a piot ight on CH boiler........however, there is one on the gas fire.....which i have usually left it on...thinking it would be a matter of pennies...NOT pounds. PHEW.

WATER METER is another mystery.........was away the latter end of december and all the month of january........during which time water cock stop turned off............amazed to see that the bill was for the same amount of units for that quarter.......
when i queried this....was informed.......we can see you didnt use any water during that time....however you made up for it in february?????????? ........
no way was this the case...i used the water in the same way as i normally do.........

peter palance

I know from experience a baxi back boiler gas pilot light cost £75 in 9 months, the boiler was switched off in a empty house.
classical. sorry for the pun, oh strike a light,oh on. ok pj

harrow

Our Baxi back boiler is still sitting in the fireplace in our lounge, I let it retire, still working after 40 years, will a modern boiler last 20 years ? :unsure:

trevskoda

Has to be fire proof plaster lining board to comply with building regs,you can board below that if you wish.

trevskoda

Our Baxi back boiler is still sitting in the fireplace in our lounge, I let it retire, still working after 40 years, will a modern boiler last 20 years ? :unsure:
Gas is not as good as oil by 1.2 p/cent,also you cannot touch or fix,you can do all your own repairs like cleaning jets or replacing faulty trigger switches etc,and it dont go bang no house.

trixie88

i shall be looking for a gas fire which does not have a pilot light..........thats if they do one.......a radiant fire at that......have to o some looking on google

harrow

Gas is not as good as oil by 1.2 p/cent,also you cannot touch or fix,you can do all your own repairs like cleaning jets or replacing faulty trigger switches etc,and it dont go bang no house.
Are the any parts of NI that have mains gas ?
In england you don't have to far to find areas with no gas. :unsure:

peter palance

sorry trev your on fire, you need something to cool you down, try a large one , ok pj

mariesnowgoose

3rd day of radio today. Seems to be going OK so far.

Get the same nurses each time, up to now anyway. One is a lovely southern Irish lass, even taller than me!

Pop over to the Maggie's Centre straight after for cake and a cuppa before heading home. You meet some lovely folk there.

Catch you all later, have a good day wherever you are 😉 🌝 🌈

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)