Noza Tech 7" GPS - anyone?

• Thread starter Deleted member 19733
  • Start date

Deleted member 19733

Has anyone got one of these Noza Tech NTu109 7" truck GPS units, on sale on Ebay for £38.25.

If you have, what do you think of it? :drive::drive:

Had one a few years back and it was ok ............................ just ok.

Sunlight really affected the screen which made it virtually unviewable and the sunshade that came with it was little better than useless.

It took the dimensions of the motohome ok and kept us out of trouble but i was never able to get any of the free map updates that allegedly came with it.

It lasted just over 2 years then died dramatically just at the worst possible time.

Had one a few years back and it was ok ............................ just ok.

Sunlight really affected the screen which made it virtually unviewable and the sunshade that came with it was little better than useless.

It took the dimensions of the motohome ok and kept us out of trouble but i was never able to get any of the free map updates that allegedly came with it.

It lasted just over 2 years then died dramatically just at the worst possible time.

Thanks Wooie, most useful info. :wave:

I've heard good and bad but mine was a shocker,anything taller than a house and it lost the signal,was hopeless in built up areas,and not much better in the countryside.

Been using mine for 2 years - brilliant bit of kit. Large screen, easy to enter data and the latest updates are available via their facebook page.

Got one at Christmas, and now i've learned how to use it, we seem to be getting where we want to be. No problems losing signal. I'm happy with it.

I've had one for a few years now, found to be quite good, think it had hands free too, not used it for a while as our vehicles have in built sat navs:drive:. May have to resurrect it when I find a suitable van.
seamus.

I had one for a couple of years, it was as good as the Garmin Nuvis I've had before and since, and seemed to work well at avoiding routes my vehicle was too big for. I never worked out how to update it though, and it annoyed me because I couldn't set north up on the display so, as I'm used to reading maps with north at the top, I always felt as if I was going north all the time!

The dog liked it, he chewed it up. He did that to the next Garmin as well. Expensive dog.

We have them for every vehicle now and have for the last five or so years. As long as you have the up to date files and the ftr file for lorries then no problem, they have taken us all over the UK, Germany,France and a bit of Spain in our motorhome. As said before the reflection on the screen is bad and the sunshade with it is rubbish but if you make your own then it’s better. Has been known to take us off the road and then put us back on the same road a few miles further on for no apparent reason, but it’s all an adventure. When they go wrong you just buy another one at the prices they are. Ours usually last about three years and we have taken to carrying an old one as a spare along with a good map. Hope this helps :wave:

Had ours for three years works great, I tend to listen to it rather than look, as previous post said cheap enough to replace.

Xgody

Had one of these , but run an Xgody now . Exactly the same software but better build quality. Input heights and weights.

Had one for years and it's worked fine.

I have the reverse camera show up on it's screen when I engage reverse, which also works well.

Had one for years and it's worked fine.

I have the reverse camera show up on it's screen when I engage reverse, which also works well.

Same here, I have taken ours to about 30 countries as far afield as Russia and Turkey, it does crash from time to time and as another poster mentioned has the annoying tendency to take you off on a minor detour from a main road and back on it again, but I like the flexibility of it. Here's a video of the thing taking us on a detour through a rather rustic Turkish village

[video=youtube;Ua1nEUMSkLQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua1nEUMSkLQ[/video]

In some countries the map database is quite sparse, for example in Albania I think it only had details of the main trunk road on the coast. I keep it updated with files from the Facebook group and have up to date map files ready for any countries we plan to visit. Numerous POI collections including Campingcar-infos, Camper contact and so on. Like the poster above I had it hardwired to the reversing camera too. Can't complain, it can be a bit wobbly and I tend to get crashes from time to time but it's served us well for 4 years. Decent for the price and I like the large screen.

EDIT: I've just reviewed the video and it appears the screen is blank, I could see it perfectly well from the driving position.

Last edited:
Click the icon near the top right of the map. It toggles between 3D, 2D and 2D North up. Long press the same button a d it toggles between three zoom.levels of that view.

Updates are easy. See the Facebook group for details.

Thanks HD, but mine only had 2D or 3D options, no north up. Only had it 2 years so never bothered to try harder to get updates, Academic now anyway, as I said, the dog chewed it up. I was away at the time so no chance to order off e-bay, I got another Nuvi from Halfords instead. Then he chewed that one up, again whilst I was away, so another Nuvi it had to be.

Ours only has Northern Ireland on it and just nothing for the ROI! Northern Ireland shows as just a small island all on its own....prophetic maybe?
Can't get updates either...

Ours only has Northern Ireland on it and just nothing for the ROI! Northern Ireland shows as just a small island all on its own....prophetic maybe?
Can't get updates either...
The updates are available from the Facebook page. I don't do Facebook, but joined just for that and other motorhome related stuff. I just make sure that I don't put any more personal details on than necessary, and don't adopt any "friends"!

You could just use a tablet. The one I am using is a Huawei 8” screen. Very quick and has built in GPS. I found a free copy of IGO Nextgen and also found the uptodate maps on another site. You can put in height of vehicle and width and also add POI’s in the content section. It’s the same software Nozatech use just a much newer version with a load of enhancements.

Being an Android Tablet it also has other uses. You will see from the pic below it’s mounted on the dash with a homemade stand which has some magnets to hold it in place. Also hardwired in so it’s always fully charged.

94C7A89D-DDEE-4AF6-9FBC-60314DCE486B.jpeg

0319FDDA-949F-4BB6-8D95-A966F4E0F3BC.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back