Nowts ever simple.....

mistericeman

After noticing the lack of storage for bulky stuff in the Moho after our self build transit Jumbo...
And having a unused rear scooter rack at the back...

I found a fiamma storage box at a great price on local Facebook for sale page...
Picked it up an had bonus weekend away into the bargain ;-)

Fitted it in a quiet moment and found it covered the rear lights (suspected it would)
Searched around for a decent trailer board (one with decent sized rear lights rather than the usual piffly little square ones)
Couldn't find anything that suited SO ended up with individual lights and some unistrut to mount them on.... (courtesy of work ;-))
That sorted decided to crack on and fit the wireless reversing camera I'd bought a couple of weeks back....
Display stuck to windscreen and plugged into cigar lighter socket...
Mounted camera and wired it in.... No reversing lights fab,
Fuse checked and OK.... Reversing light switch must be up the Duff.

There will be a special place reserved for whoever at fiat decided to mount it in a position that requires a scrawny orangutan with unusually long fingers to get at....
Air filter and hoses out, clutch slave cylinder and mounting bracket removed before its possible to get at...

Anyway all done now and working ;-)

20200925_150054.jpg
20200925_150018.jpg

I know they aren't correct....
However they WERE the only ones of a decent size at a sensible price...

So ill live with that...

To be honest I suspect your average copper is less bothered about the shape of the reflectors than that the lights are visible and operating ;-)

True, I doubt many British coppers even know about triangle reflectors, but I'd bet some French and Spanish police like issuing on the spot fines for them.

Nothing is ever simple. Just swapped the 80A Gel battery for a Lithium 120A version and saved about 10 Kg in weight. Added an inverter for SWMBO's electric blanket and just got to clean up. SWMBO came out and sorted a few bits and then I heard the alarm go off. Couple of minutes later I find out that the habitation door is not locking. That will teach me to change the battery. The fault on the habitation door is a broken wire by the connector on the door. Harple have made it real easy to repair NOT as the wire is just inside the door. Looks like a steady hand with a soldering iron and a lot of patience. I could of course just take it back but it's a 350 mile round trip.

Used to find that doing a job for a friend or customer, it usually went smoothly. Doing a job at home, it would take three times as long, bruised knuckles, foul language and a massive row with the wife. :(

After noticing the lack of storage for bulky stuff in the Moho after our self build transit Jumbo...
And having a unused rear scooter rack at the back...

I found a fiamma storage box at a great price on local Facebook for sale page...
Picked it up an had bonus weekend away into the bargain ;-)

Fitted it in a quiet moment and found it covered the rear lights (suspected it would)
Searched around for a decent trailer board (one with decent sized rear lights rather than the usual piffly little square ones)
Couldn't find anything that suited SO ended up with individual lights and some unistrut to mount them on.... (courtesy of work ;-))
That sorted decided to crack on and fit the wireless reversing camera I'd bought a couple of weeks back....
Display stuck to windscreen and plugged into cigar lighter socket...
Mounted camera and wired it in.... No reversing lights fab,
Fuse checked and OK.... Reversing light switch must be up the Duff.

There will be a special place reserved for whoever at fiat decided to mount it in a position that requires a scrawny orangutan with unusually long fingers to get at....
Air filter and hoses out, clutch slave cylinder and mounting bracket removed before its possible to get at...

Anyway all done now and working ;-)

View attachment 86956View attachment 86957

Have you got any cable tray wire mesh to give your new lights some protection ?

I know they aren't correct....
However they WERE the only ones of a decent size at a sensible price...

So ill live with that...

To be honest I suspect your average copper is less bothered about the shape of the reflectors than that the lights are visible and operating ;-)
If you fit them upside down, they're no longer illegal.

Bloomin' 'eck, why didn't you say what you were after on here? I've got the remnants of a trailer board and the wiring too that you could have had fer nowt plus about 20' of heavy duty Dexion.
Anyway it looks good

Only takes 10 minutes to change a reversing sensor.

Oh and 4 days to dismantle most of the engine to get to it. (Knuckles healing nicely)

You could also make a mask to stick on the lens to make the reflecting part a circle, I used black silicone on the inside of mine, it looked like a triangle until you shone a light on it

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back