No masks - what a pleasure!

Tonybvi

As of 1st July Guernsey opened it’s doors to us oldies who have had both doses of the vaccine more than 14 days before arriving in Guernsey (proof of vaccination required) without any testing or isolation restrictions. As our son and his family live on Guernsey and we haven’t been able to see them for the best part of 2 years off we went, arriving today (2nd July).

After a very stressless 2 day 700 mile road trip from Aberdeen to Poole in the electric car and a 3 hour ferry crossing we landed in Guernsey tonight. Apart from seeing family the most amazing thing is we don’t have to wear masks! It seems very strange seeing everybody wandering around normally and not wearing masks and we had forgotten how fantastic it is. Can‘t wait for this to happen in the British Isles but only when it is considered safe to do so.

thats it for me then.. deffo going to look into going to Guernsey this August .. I cant stand seeing everyone wearing these horrible face muzzles..
tell me more.. do people have to wear face nappies in restaurants etc?

thats it for me then.. deffo going to look into going to Guernsey this August .. I cant stand seeing everyone wearing these horrible face muzzles..
tell me more.. do people have to wear face nappies in restaurants etc?
Nope - ate out tonight in a very busy restaurant and not a face mask in sight.

As of 1st July Guernsey opened it’s doors to us oldies who have had both doses of the vaccine more than 14 days before arriving in Guernsey (proof of vaccination required) without any testing or isolation restrictions. As our son and his family live on Guernsey and we haven’t been able to see them for the best part of 2 years off we went, arriving today (2nd July).

After a very stressless 2 day 700 mile road trip from Aberdeen to Poole in the electric car and a 3 hour ferry crossing we landed in Guernsey tonight. Apart from seeing family the most amazing thing is we don’t have to wear masks! It seems very strange seeing everybody wandering around normally and not wearing masks and we had forgotten how fantastic it is. Can‘t wait for this to happen in the British Isles but only when it is considered safe to do so.
when will it be safe?

Ah - double doses. Gotcha :) Fantastic stuff!

Then again, OHs daughter has had both vaccine doses - 2nd one a couple of months ago - and she tested positive on a PCR test yesterday ...

you may be all right, jack, but what about carrying the virus and infecting others? (the mask is generally there to protect others from the wearer not the other way round).

One thing I like about face masks is that I have not had a cold for over a year. The winter before covid I had 3.

We are both double jabbed but it will be a long time before I go into crowded restaurants or close to other people.
My Mother in Law, double jabbed, is now self isolating because she had a call from NHS track and trace saying she had been in contact with someone in McDonalds a few days ago.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back