NEWS Campsites will be open in England from the 4th July

Joyous to hear Boris specifically state ”campsites”.

So you drive your motorhome to the seaside on July 4th and every campsite is full. It will be because 7million are on an extended holiday and schools are only partly open.

Will public toilets be open?

Will local authorities provide temporary overflow space for motorhomes to park up in a socially distanced way and overnight?

I was a bit previous because I’m at the seaside
1592913912511.png

I'm toying with the idea of heading down to Derbyshire in a few weeks time to see a couple of old friends, then hopping over to Lincolnshire to catch up with another very dear friend where a visit has been long overdue. This C-19 sure makes you sharpen up your priorities!

Shan't be staying at any campsites along the way though, just parking up in the grounds of their properties and practising all the necessary C-19 rules.

;)(y)

Those of us shielding have to wait until August 🙁

I'm not waiting until August. Don't forget this is only 'advice', as it has been all along.
It's very much up to the individual to asses the risk, take their own precautions and not be bl**dy stupid if venturing outside.

If I was to adhere to the government advice on shielding 100%, then strictly speaking I shouldn't even be leaving the house to visit the hospital every few weeks - which I am doing, because I'm being 'advised' to do so by my consultant and the hospital, and I trust their judgement. That trumps the government's 'blanket' advice in my book. Others are not attending hospital when they should, because they are adhering very strictly to the shielding guidelines. Personally speaking, I would rather continue with medical treatment that's potentially saving my life in the longer term than not take that treatment because I might be unlucky and contract C-19 by setting foot over my doorstep.

You can't have it all ways, and everyone's life has to go on as best and as safely as you can manage it.

Some may want to wait until a vaccine is available, which will be God know's when. That's fair enough and each to his own.
Until then they will have to be content with living as prisoners in their own homes. Thanks but no thanks!

Last edited:
I'm toying with the idea of heading down to Derbyshire in a few weeks time to see a couple of old friends, then hopping over to Lincolnshire to catch up with another very dear friend where a visit has been long overdue. This C-19 sure makes you sharpen up your priorities!

Shan't be staying at any campsites along the way though, just parking up in the grounds of their properties and practising all the necessary C-19 rules.

;)(y)

More than welcome to drop in for refreshments if you are passing this way Marie - if we are here, I'll make you a brew and a sugar butty.

I'm already booked into a cl for three nights on the 7th and three nights in the Moreton on Marsh club site on the 20th. I'm not risking wilding though, too many frightened people about, and they can do silly things.

More than welcome to drop in for refreshments if you are passing this way Marie - if we are here, I'll make you a brew and a sugar butty.

Bleurgh!

I remember there was a couple of occasions when I was a kid at junior school and my mother was in hospital, having to be minded after school by the next door neighbour until my Dad got back from work at 5:30. 'Auntie Doris' made us kids 'tea' - she had 3 children, two sons, one daughter, all a bit older than me.

Auntie Doris's tea was always the same menu: cuppa with UHT milk plus a slice of Motherpride white bread with Stork margarine spread and a spoonful of white sugar sprinkled on and folded in two. This is what the kids had every night through the week. She got 'housekeeping' from her husband, but she was a heavy smoker so most of the money went on fags and the kids had to survive on this kind of food at least 5 nights a week.

Doris sat in her armchair and used a single plate to grab a slice out of the packet, spread the marg and sprinkle the sugar on top before handing it over to us for scoffing. Saved on the washing up. The packet of bread was balanced on the arm of the chair, together with a sugar bowl and spoon for sprinkling. She always has a fag on the go, so we occasionally got a sprinkling of fag ash for extra nutrition 😁

I ain't complaining, they were a very kind family. Happy days! Just glad I didn't have to eat it every day though, and was very pleased when my mother was better and back home making proper meals for us at teatime ;)

Ditto if you pass near Loughborough (I'm not too much south of a drive East from Derbyshire to Lincs) and I'm not away myself. I have a drive you can park on (dependent on size of vehicle), can give you EHU and wine in my garden?

;)(y)
Marie, same as the others, if you happen to be passing my place on your way to Derbyshire and Lincolnshire, you are welcome to drop by to top up power and water.

And while that is happening, I'll refit your upside down Sat Nav screen :D

I'm not waiting until August. Don't forget this is only 'advice', as it has been all along.
It's very much up to the individual to asses the risk, take their own precautions and not be bl**dy stupid if venturing outside.

If I was to adhere to the government advice on shielding 100%, then strictly speaking I shouldn't even be leaving the house to visit the hospital every few weeks - which I am doing, because I'm being 'advised' to do so by my consultant and the hospital, and I trust their judgement. That trumps the government's 'blanket' advice in my book. Others are not attending hospital when they should, because they are adhering very strictly to the shielding guidelines. Personally speaking, I would rather continue with medical treatment that's potentially saving my life in the longer term than not take that treatment because I might be unlucky and contract C-19 by setting foot over my doorstep.

You can't have it all ways, and everyone's life has to go on as best and as safely as you can manage it.

Some may want to wait until a vaccine is available, which will be God know's when. That's fair enough and each to his own.
Until then they will have to be content with living as prisoners in their own homes. Thanks but no thanks!
Marie, I'm sure the shielded were always allowed to keep essential hospital appointments within the rules. I know there have been volunteer drivers in my area transporting shielded patients to appointments.

I don't blame you at all for choosing to relax your shielding a bit... plus the new announcements about shielding the other day must have been a real lifeline to many. I've not been shielding but might as well have because I just didn't want to go out! I've been a lot more bold this past week or so and actually walked to the town centre for the first time today with my daughter-in-law and little grandot. It was very quiet and not the least bit scary. Actually the most frightening bit is that I spotted clothes I wanted to buy within the first 5 minutes, from about 30 paces away and through the window :eek: Incurable! I need to put my purse back in lockdown because it's not safe out and about with me :(

I'm so excited that we can get back out there again. I'll be giving Birdie a full spring/summer clean now, ready for the off (y) Haven't had the heart before now for some reason, although I did whip out all the curtains and give them a wash back in March. Now I'm motivated!

Marie, I'm sure the shielded were always allowed to keep essential hospital appointments within the rules. I know there have been volunteer drivers in my area transporting shielded patients to appointments.

I don't blame you at all for choosing to relax your shielding a bit... plus the new announcements about shielding the other day must have been a real lifeline to many. I've not been shielding but might as well have because I just didn't want to go out! I've been a lot more bold this past week or so and actually walked to the town centre for the first time today with my daughter-in-law and little grandot. It was very quiet and not the least bit scary. Actually the most frightening bit is that I spotted clothes I wanted to buy within the first 5 minutes, from about 30 paces away and through the window :eek: Incurable! I need to put my purse back in lockdown because it's not safe out and about with me :(

Izzy does drive by shopping, I'm in the drivers seat and all I can hear is, that's a lovely dress, oh what a nice jacket, £30 for that coat wow.

It must be a woman thing.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back