New to forums..finding my way..

moreoutdoor

Free Member
Please remember no question is silly when asked with good intent.
I have "wild camped" in remote areas, under canvas many times, far be it only for a number of days.
Now aiming to venture north to Scotland in our MH and complete the NC500 to name one area to explore. We want to experience "wild camping (within a Motorhome), and I understand there are plenty of potential places to "wild camp"....
Now here is my dilemma - If we could wild for say the who period, say 21 days.
How does one manage with cleaning clothes? (apart from going to the nearest brook and bashing them on a stone!!)
How do "you" the full-timers manage to keep clothing clean??
Thanks
I am looking forward to reading your responses.

Hi and welcome if you become a full member there is some garages that have washing facilities on their forecourt or laundrettes but I’m sure they go on sites to empty fill up shower and use the washing machines for a minimal fee, I’m sure those that some full timers will come and let me know if that’s not right.

I am not full time but if I am out for 2/3 weeks wilding in my motorhome as a membe4 of the big camping clubs I will either book on for one night to empty/refill wash clothes and general van deep cleaning some sites allow you to pay £5/7 you can park for a couple of hours to do the same as above.

Be aware in england wildcamping is not allowed, however you can sleep or rest from driving h way code 91, but no tables chairs barbies are allowed as it then becomes camping, lots of garages all over GB and Ireland have washing machines, oh and welcome from Co Antrim.

Please remember no question is silly when asked with good intent.
I have "wild camped" in remote areas, under canvas many times, far be it only for a number of days.
Now aiming to venture north to Scotland in our MH and complete the NC500 to name one area to explore. We want to experience "wild camping (within a Motorhome), and I understand there are plenty of potential places to "wild camp"....
Now here is my dilemma - If we could wild for say the who period, say 21 days.
How does one manage with cleaning clothes? (apart from going to the nearest brook and bashing them on a stone!!)
How do "you" the full-timers manage to keep clothing clean??
Thanks
I am looking forward to reading your responses.
Not a full-timer, but in the fortunate position of being able to afford a few changes of clothes, so laundry generally done on return.

There are non-electric washing machines such as this;

But I would imagine that you would need to stop at a site at some point to dispose of grey water, fill up with fresh water and empty your cassette?

There are non-electric washing machines such as this;

But I would imagine that you would need to stop at a site at some point to dispose of grey water, fill up with fresh water and empty your cassette?
Ow much 😮 I have an original presawash in my garage must get it on EBay.😂😂
ED15B341-4B0E-423E-AB78-9EA4A0F8F4F7.jpeg

We were away four months last summer and autumn in the UK which was a first. Normally we would be in mainland Europe and washing is done in the van by my good wife but its generally shorts and T shirts and usually they just hang on a rack on the side of the van and are generally dry in the hot sunshine within an hour or so.

Last year however it being the UK and a fair chunk of it in Scotland that wasnt so practical so we found a local Laundrette. We just let everything mount up for a while then took a full load in, dropped it off and picked it up a day or two later all done, folded and bagged up. Dead easy.

Just be a bit careful up on the NC500. Its been oversubscribed I gather and "some" of the locals are not too happy about the huge surge in wild campers in both tents and vans.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back