New & need advice

Steffyweffy

Free Member
Hi fellow travellers.
We have a Knaus Sun Ti 2007
We want a scooter for using whilst travelling but not sure we can have a tow bar or rack due to the low clearance so if anyone got any ideas or they got same motorhome!?

Hi lot's of folk who pull/carry two wheels, so someone will be along to help (y) Welcome from County Durham.

Only way to increase clearance is by jacking up the rear end - so probably an adjustable air or hydraulic lifting kit otherwise your back end will be too high

Hi welcome along from scotland enjoy your adventures 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 (y)

Hi fellow travellers.
We have a Knaus Sun Ti 2007
We want a scooter for using whilst travelling but not sure we can have a tow bar or rack due to the low clearance so if anyone got any ideas or they got same motorhome!?
Double posting can be frustrating but I recommend asking the same question in the bike forum but I suggest with some more detail about what scooter you had in mind and whether you have a towing or carrying (available payload?) preference as this might help them

Hi, I've a 2006 Sun Ti 650MF, and I know exactly what you mean!!

Although the rear valance is very low to the ground the chassis members behind it are a bit higher up, so I always figured the only way would be to cut through the rear valance in order to join onto the chassis members behind.

I don't know about yours, but mine certainly wouldn't have sufficient payload for a scooter rack (let alone the scooter) as I'm at the standard 3,500 plate. You should be able to re-plate it to around 3,800Kg but, even then, carrying a scooter might be out of the question. Towing should be OK though.

Morph

The internet will give formula to calculate the impact of scooter and rack, but as a rough guide

if M= weight if scooter & rack
Loss of payload = M

Increased load on back axle = 1 1/2 M (possible overload)

Decreased load on front axle = 1/2M (possible loss of traction)

I swear by the Easylifter bike "trailer" as I previously posted before the some of the forums were "modified"..
I will re-post the entire thread about taking a bike with your motorhome tomorrow in the bikers forum
in the meantime..

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back