New Motorhome restrictions in Fife

Wildlife will always look for leftovers.. Think what is like in Bear Country Canada/USA.
As I put it "THEIR JOB". WE need to take more care !
PS at Fisherow Harbour there is a Chippie/Burger van. (As Terry knows....not his van !..his is too posh :unsure: )
The seagulls are adept at retrieving leftovers from the bins and scattering paper far & wide...Not their fault!
2nd PS in New Zealand at a nice cafe stop where they sold sandwiches.... as with Seagulls a KEA bird swooped down an nicked a newly opened sandwich.
In Africa/India monkeys do the same (and probably at Longleat!)
We share the planet with them..even the nasty snakes and Komodo dragons.

BTW I am related to a certain Sir DA (not really)

OR maybe we should teach them to read !
In Filey they have Stuka squadrons of seagulls very cheeky, they don’t think twice of swooping on folk eating fish and chips ...there are signs asking folk not to feed them ....a little further up the coast on Scarborough sea front , the bin men are constantly busy emptying bins ..that said the rubbish at night off the beach when the beach is dredged with a tractor needs to be seen to be believed, and leaves you in little doubt the scruffiest miscreants have two legs.

Most animals are opportunist feeders , so little wonder we see mor and more town foxes and the like scavenging ...least line of resistance and effective who can blame them

In Filey they have Stuka squadrons of seagulls very cheeky, they don’t think twice of swooping on folk eating fish and chips ...there are signs asking folk not to feed them ....a little further up the coast on Scarborough sea front , the bin men are constantly busy emptying bins ..that said the rubbish at night off the beach when the beach is dredged with a tractor needs to be seen to be believed, and leaves you in little doubt the scruffiest miscreants have two legs.

Most animals are opportunist feeders , so little wonder we see mor and more town foxes and the like scavenging ...least line of resistance and effective who can blame them

I was in Scarborough last year, and I have never seen more seagulls (herring gulls).
And some idiots were feeding them chips.
In st Andrews last month a woman was walking down the street eating her lunch when a gull swooped down and took it. She got a fright, so I asked if she was ok. She said that was the second time in a week this had happened to her.

Seagulls have 2 legs :devilish: :unsure:

I have read "Tractors will eat anything" but it was probably "fake news"

Ah well
Just Tennents Lager and Neaps and Tatties 4U...At least no danger of the Pigeons swooping.

Seriously everyone pick up the phone and have a chat with the man who is responsible for this report and it’s consequences. Write down first what you want to discuss and put your points to him. I think you will be impressed by both his level of knowledge and his forward thinking attitude towards us.

01592 656080

Last edited:
Wildlife will always look for leftovers.. Think what is like in Bear Country Canada/USA.
As I put it "THEIR JOB". WE need to take more care !
PS at Fisherow Harbour there is a Chippie/Burger van. (As Terry knows....not his van !..his is too posh :unsure: )
The seagulls are adept at retrieving leftovers from the bins and scattering paper far & wide...Not their fault!
2nd PS in New Zealand at a nice cafe stop where they sold sandwiches.... as with Seagulls a KEA bird swooped down an nicked a newly opened sandwich.
In Africa/India monkeys do the same (and probably at Longleat!)
We share the planet with them..even the nasty snakes and Komodo dragons.

BTW I am related to a certain Sir DA (not really)

OR maybe we should teach them to read !
The fox at Fisher row also is agile in getting leftover from bins as I witnessed one early morning lol

Seriously everyone pick up the phone and have a chat with the man who is responsible for this report and it’s consequences. Write down first what you want to discuss and put your points to him. I think you will be impressed by both his level of knowledge and his forward thinking attitude towards us.
Do you have his number?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back