New Motorhome restrictions in Fife

barge1914

There’s a consultation paper out on this, with closing date for comments at the end of this month, it’s mentioned on another forum but I don’t have access to their link...has anybody seen it or got a copy of the file?

This is a very considerate way to deal with the persons concerned. We have visited the Kingsbarns carpark last year and decided not to return after the abuse and destruction several of these would be campers were having on the area.
Not just motorhomes either, mainly just vans with a mattress in them of which there were eight of them. There were tents and campfires already started on the grass.
I hope the Fife CCT get good response and maybe some other areas will make the necessary improvements before we are all tarred with the same brush.

Thank you for the report details,much appreciated.

Regards, Growlie

This is a very considerate way to deal with the persons concerned. We have visited the Kingsbarns carpark last year and decided not to return after the abuse and destruction several of these would be campers were having on the area.
Not just motorhomes either, mainly just vans with a mattress in them of which there were eight of them. There were tents and campfires already started on the grass.
I hope the Fife CCT get good response and maybe some other areas will make the necessary improvements before we are all tarred with the same brush.

Thank you for the report details,much appreciated.

Regards, Growlie

I phoned them last week, and I was very impressed with the man I spoke to. He was so well informed he could be one of us.
I to was a kings barns last summer and noted the damage done by idiots using barbecues on the plastic tables. But I enjoyed my stay and did not witness what you did, we were fortunate.
They are concerned more about Motorhomes that have no toilets, but their attitude is not to put up barriers and signage but to be more progressive, Fife regard us as an asset to be managed unlike other councils up here.

When the taxation people re riged the rules on what is a campervan they should have included a toilet as a must have to comply,this would have stopped the matress in the back outfits.
Yes Kiwis have this requirement. It sort of works, but their ‘self contained’ certification is a little loosely applied. ie. If you’ve got a potty and a small box with a sink in it in the back of a hatchback it is certified self-contained...even if you do have to distribute all your chairs, tables and other junk on the ground around you in order to fulfil the needs of daily living.

My mate has a v5 camper with no toilet, and when we ask him what they do when nature calls in a remote location, well he goes all vague on us :)

My mate has a v5 camper with no toilet, and when we ask him what they do when nature calls in a remote location, well he goes all vague on us :)
Most T5s have a compartment under the bed to accommodate a porta potty. Although theres nothing wrong with digging a hole and crapping in it when in a remote location.

Most T5s have a compartment under the bed to accommodate a porta potty. Although theres nothing wrong with digging a hole and crapping in it when in a remote location.

No thanks Cale. :) They never bothered digging at Kingsbarns from what the chap said.

Probably seasonal? Although, area can be disgusting at times.

One other point re: litter. One night while there, I took dog out for a last wander, he bolted towards the bins, was a Badger scavenging, not all mess is down to humans.

Yes, but 99% of it is in cases like this.

The poor old badger was just going about his business. He wouldn't be scavenging there at all if nothing was left behind, or the bins were emptied more often. He's only turned up there in the first place because of humans generating the rubbish & waste to tempt him.

Humans are the by far the worst type of vermin right across the board, imho.

I think these are sensible proposals, trying to balance the needs of visitors with residents. I want to feel welcome when I visit an area so I have responded positively to the consultation paper. Far better than the ban them all reaction to problems.

Wildlife will always look for leftovers.. Think what is like in Bear Country Canada/USA.
As I put it "THEIR JOB". WE need to take more care !
PS at Fisherow Harbour there is a Chippie/Burger van. (As Terry knows....not his van !..his is too posh :unsure: )
The seagulls are adept at retrieving leftovers from the bins and scattering paper far & wide...Not their fault!
2nd PS in New Zealand at a nice cafe stop where they sold sandwiches.... as with Seagulls a KEA bird swooped down an nicked a newly opened sandwich.
In Africa/India monkeys do the same (and probably at Longleat!)
We share the planet with them..even the nasty snakes and Komodo dragons.

BTW I am related to a certain Sir DA (not really)

OR maybe we should teach them to read !

After reading the consultation paper, it certainly feels like Fife are still encouraging Freedom (but under control) Camping, and the suggestion seem fair to all but it would be nice if the suggested £10 overnight fee was not "all year round" and only apply 1st April - 31st October like the other charges.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back