ShezandAndy

Hi,
Just about to get a motorhome and trying to understand more about wild camping in the UK. Also hoping to benefit from all your experience.
ShezandAndy

Get out while you can!

They are all mad in this group except me.

Even I sometimes have off days.

Oh, welcome aboard. :)

New here myself. We only have a T5, but desperate to enjoy it. Already had enough of staying on proper campsites - but very nervous about 'wild camping'. Based near Manchester - so would love any suggestions of places to start. I've got the WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN app, and search for sites. Will also be becoming a full member on here - as the map looked fantastic!
Got to ask - what do people do re the toilet situation, if they don't have an onboard one? We're contemplating buying a Thetford - but when the beds down, there's no room for it. We already have a toilet tent (came with the van), but obviously that can't be used when Wilding. Things like that are adding to the anxiety of just getting out there and enjoying .
This is our van 'Dave'.

Attachments

• 20210906_151335_09-01.jpeg
    20210906_151335_09-01.jpeg
    767.6 KB · Views: 73
New here myself. We only have a T5, but desperate to enjoy it. Already had enough of staying on proper campsites - but very nervous about 'wild camping'. Based near Manchester - so would love any suggestions of places to start. I've got the WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN app, and search for sites. Will also be becoming a full member on here - as the map looked fantastic!
Got to ask - what do people do re the toilet situation, if they don't have an onboard one? We're contemplating buying a Thetford - but when the beds down, there's no room for it. We already have a toilet tent (came with the van), but obviously that can't be used when Wilding. Things like that are adding to the anxiety of just getting out there and enjoying .
This is our van 'Dave'.
Welcome to both!
If you join as full member, you get the POI app which is brilliant for finding places to park up.
@MatJ83 there are loads of threads on toilets....probably too many! You can get small portables, there is (debatable) "bag and bin" option, compost loo, or public loos at strategic times.

This is our van 'Dave'.
Hi guys. I’ve got a portaloo - bucket with a seat!! There’s just room with the bed down in my T5 SWB. And when not in use it sits on the drivers seat if the beds down. Not ideal but works.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back