Durasell

Free Member
Hi we are new to this group. We have had a motorhome for 2.5 yrs we did a week in Cornwall then a week in Devon then 4 weeks in Scotland inc. NC500 was fantastic. Then 1 month later we crossed the channel (euro tunnel) we had a great time France,Belgium, France, Italy, France, Andorra, Spain,Gibraltar, Spain, Portugal, Spain SantanderFerry to Plymouth and even though were robbed MH broken into in SE France Passports stolen along with computer & cash we had a fantastic time everyone should go but don’t get complacent even in big supermarket car parks. Especially near Narbone Fr. got off ferry was home in 20 mins. Since then we are now grandparents to Alfie so Scotland and Wales and Southeast UK wild-camping most of the time. Get out and just keep going. I’m ex Royal Navy and game for anything. My wife more focused on Alfie. We are looking forward to getting out and away again but maybe not for as long as 4 months. Pat n Joy.

Welcome from me.

That's a great one month tour. You must be like us, and keep moving. It's itchy feet!

Sorry to hear about the thefts....We take great care in European supermarkets, either parking where we can see the van's door or leaving one of us to sit inside on guard. We sometimes even close all the blinds and leave the radio turned down low, tuned to a talk programme, in the hope that thieves assume there is someone inside. I've heard of others leaving a dog bowl outside.

Welcome from me.

That's a great one month tour. You must be like us, and keep moving. It's itchy feet!

Sorry to hear about the thefts....We take great care in European supermarkets, either parking where we can see the van's door or leaving one of us to sit inside on guard. We sometimes even close all the blinds and leave the radio turned down low, tuned to a talk programme, in the hope that thieves assume there is someone inside. I've heard of others leaving a dog bowl outside.
Thanks would like to correct the length of time was 4 months took 4 weeks to get an acknowledgement from passport office that our passports were cancelled and further 4 weeks to get replacements. They won’t accept notification by phone or email and once you get the correct form it has to be faxed. You can not send by scan or even snail mail has to be by fax. The fax was designed in 1914 to send weather forecasts to Royal Navy at sea.
Hi and welcome along to the group.
Thanks buddy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back