New member in northumberland.

No worries. One member hopefully going to have a go next week! Still finalising plans but at moment to comply with planning etc we are looking at max 3 vans per night for the 56 nights allowed under permitted development. That gives each van a huge space apart from each other on the flat bit or much more if go further up the less flat end as field is about 3rd of a mile long. Fishing and canoeing possible though levels low at moment and i need to see where day fishing permits can be purchased. More details to follow in separate thread in week or so once weve finalised.
Cheers stu
This sounds lovely and good luck to you.
I may be wrong, but I thought the 56 days rule was a temporary one that was introduced around COVID, that had reverted to 28 days again for pop up sites.
You may be better off looking into a 5 van exemption license - CAMpRA are a good contact for this
For fire pits make sure your PLI covers this. Depending on provider it may not be or is an optional chargeable extra

@alcam Please could you share Scotland stop over info pm would be fine, l thought the cost was reasonable, so will do it again I love "wild camping in my Moho" but just to be able to kick back and have a beer without concerns of a knock on the door is nice. This is my opinion others are allowed theirs (y) (y)

Regards MJVW
We’re in Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire and it’s £5 a night to stay. Also offer black waste disposal drop/ water fill for £5 as a drop in
www.Glenbuchtystopover.co.uk
Cecilia

I must be missing something. I've been through this thread loads of times but I can't find where it gives the location!

Edit - found the what 3 words ref on a linked thread - daydream.feasts.empires

Last edited:
Bartman, its on search for sites, walkmill near chollerford.

Sorry not been that active on here for a while! Stu

Hi, started with a renault master campervan last summer following a great trip in my sons 30 year old talbot camelot and have had few great breaks wildcamping lockdowns allowing. Before that enjoyed many weekends in my dads mates blue transit devon in the 1970s! Have found the forum very helpful since last year. We are based near chesters roman fort on hadrians wall. We have a 3 acre field on the river north tyne and hope to open to a small number of self contained vans in a week or so for people who want a quiet off road stopover. I dont want to break any forum rules regarding this so any advice from moderators welcome before i post any details?

Many thanks stu

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back