needed for the continent

roifromnwales

I have had an e-mail about things you must have so lets list the things. I am as up to date as I can be but i bet I don't have all the info
everywhere!
first aid kit
warning triangle
spare bulbs

france germany italy and spain
high viz jackets

spain
extra warning triangle
and a spare rair of specs if you wear them

anybody know of other things

thanks Jann I knew there was something missing.
Is there anything else?

"while we are talking about must have"
what items do you consider to be "must have" even if the law does not require them.
for me it is my power pack /jumper box and compressor.
would not be without it. it powers the tv or radio away from the van.
starts the van if I have battery / power probs. blows up tyres. mattresses, boat and has a light on for reading late into the night.
[the other must have is a pack of bacon for every day I'm out, just love my bacon butties]

This info is v useful.

What about main beam headlights? and is a 'GB' sticker still required on the rear of the van?
Gerald

spare bulb kit and fuses and a fan belt in spain both parts of your driving licence ... insurance docs, reg docs. if in some one elses name. a covering letter from reg owner ... NOT any spare fuel!! in france for sure

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 183
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 163
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 172
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 168
forgot the GB sticker or the new type number plate with GB on it

I think one of the most important things to have in case of an emergency is money or a piece of plastic that works in all the European countries. :D

Attachments

• 14 Wild camping spot.jpg
    14 Wild camping spot.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 178
well thats a point neither of our barclays gold or plat ... alli and leic credit cards or debit cards work on the 24hr fuel staions which are the norm in france ie .the pumps will only take cards after 10pm or 11pm and 6 am garages a few and far between we have almost run dry on occassion trust me!! and have had to park up over night and wait till they open this includes supermarkets.. even if the stations/supermarkets take your card during the day!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back