Nearest direct experience of Covid to date ...

wildebus

.... today!
We went to a [unplanned] Superspreader event on Saturday, aka Engagement Party.
OH seemed to get a cold, which she is a bit susceptable to generally. Did a LFT yesterday morning as a precaution prior to us going to meet a couple of folks and was negative. She did another one today (as still feeling very rough) while I was out getting the car Serviced and MOTed and this time it was positive! She spoke to daughter (whose party it was) and a couple of other people tested +ve as well, so must have been that do I am sure.

I did a test when I got home and I'm negative still and no problems apart from pulling a back muscle on Monday night at Archery, so fingers crossed will stay ok!

Izzy caught Covid just before she went to London recently to look after a fellow members flat for 10 days. She lost her sense of taste and smell, other than that she felt ok. New findings have revealed that there can be memory loss due to changes in the brain, we suspect there could be something in that as she is normally totally switched on but now.......?

Fingers crossed that you are both OK and its only a mild dose for the OH.

I got it in January 2021 and was extremely rough with it and for a decent length of time too. I would not wish it on my worst enemy.

I reckon its incredibly easy to catch it now. Mrs D had it a month ago but has no idea how she caught it as she handnt really been anywhere to catch it apart from maybe five minutes in Morrisons in Barnard Castle. I had been to our garage in Darlington a couple of times where I had to sit in reception for a good while but I never showed any symptoms. About a week later Michelle took ill but it wasnt until four or five days after that I took ill. Sore throat, mild flu like symptoms but throughout the week or two I was ill I never tested positive once. I think I did four tests while Michelle continued to test positive for about nine or ten days. One theory is I got it first and passed it to her but I only got ill after I had had it a good week or two and no longer tested positive but that dont make much sense to me. Its all a bit of a mystery. A month+ later and she still isnt right though. Short of breath climbing the stairs, generally a bit groggy.

Fingers crossed that you are both OK and its only a mild dose for the OH.

I got it in January 2021 and was extremely rough with it and for a decent length of time too. I would not wish it on my worst enemy.
Thanks. With the vaccines and likelihood it is the supposedly milder Omicron, it *should* be more of an annoyance (fingers crossed)

I hope that you and your OH are OK and that she has a speedy recovery.

FWIW, the closest I've got is that a close friend's OH tested positive on Tuesday, which put paid to a jam we were supposed to be having round his place. Also, my next door but one neighbour is currently home from work pending two negative tests. I found out when he came back home from the shops and said "Hi" from 10 yards away :eek:

As soon as France opened its borders, I booked the tunnel, next day I tested positive, Mrs. G a couple of days later. Luckily it was just a mild dose, a slight cough and runny nose.
Son got it last week, daughter in Vietnam this week, both similar symptoms.

I thought the latest LFT tests with just an "up the nose" job? and didn't need the tonsil swab carried out? Ones we are getting are dated 2022/1 and still have that. (the back of the throat test really makes me gag and I wonder if I am going back enough long enough as only just manage not to vomit!!)

I thought the latest LFT tests with just an "up the nose" job? and didn't need the tonsil swab carried out? Ones we are getting are dated 2022/1 and still have that. (the back of the throat test really makes me gag and I wonder if I am going back enough long enough as only just manage not to vomit!!)

They are pretty grim. When we got ill a month ago it was the first time since the pandemic we ever had to take one. They were new tests but they still said to do both the back of the throat and up your nose. Im still not convinced they work on me. Same symptoms as Mrs D but four negative tests.

My son in Thailand has it, had negative tests for three days from last Wednesday, when he had terrible headache, fever and felt awful. Now testing positive, the omnicron maybe doesn't show up the same? His wife now has it tested positive on third day of feeling unwell.

Tested Positive in the end! Had a very bad throat and went to a mobile drop-in centre for a PCR Test. Got +ve result early morning emailed to me. Did an LFT a day later and positive on that one as well. But by Saturday, testing back to negative although not feeling fully right again yet.

But time to get back with things, albeit slowly :)

Tested Positive in the end! Had a very bad throat and went to a mobile drop-in centre for a PCR Test. Got +ve result early morning emailed to me. Did an LFT a day later and positive on that one as well. But by Saturday, testing back to negative although not feeling fully right again yet.

But time to get back with things, albeit slowly :)
Only you would go pos and negative before floating. get well soon.

One of our friends and neighbours tested positive Friday night having been in the pub. We weren't in that night.
Call from my Father's care home a few miles away Saturday, saying a few residents had coughs and then tested positive, their very first outbreak. Visitors were still wearing masks and aprons, sanitising on entry etc and I haven't seen a staff member's face in all the time he's been there!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back