Near accident in the car.

maingate

We were travelling home after walking the dogs when an idiot in a white van nearly collided with us. He would have hit us but I was aware of him coming up behinds us in the RH lane at the point where the road narrows to a single lane. He ignored the very big white arrows on the road telling him to move to the left, he also ignored the 30 MPH sign located just before the road narrows and becomes a tight right hand bend over the A1. If I had not sounded my horn as he came up behind us, I am sure he would have hit us.

I was so annoyed about his driving I have sent a copy of the video from my rear facing dashcam to Northumbria Police as they have this facility to use video to prosecute drivers. I have no idea if they will do anything but hope they will.

trevskoda

Same happened to me about 17 years back,pushed me onto roundabout ,buckled car roof and i ended up in rear seat ,he admitted to cops that he was on ph and doing well over s/limit,transit driver as one might expect,anyway 17 g came in handy,pity my nice rebuilt car was fooked.

yellow skoda.jpg

oppy

We had a Skoda from new...........................skoda rapide coupe 1976, it cost just over £1700 with extras. It was the best car that I have ever had for doing 360's. We part exed our mk1 transit for it and we loved it to bits, well that was until it met an immovable object, and then it was in bits

trevskoda

With a touch of tuning they could go like stink.Mind you them carbs are done wrong,should be straght as a bend at high air speed lets the fuel gas turn back to droplets.
skoda engine.png

trevskoda

George Pringle was the first in Scotland to have a Skoda franchise. He had a Skoda Estelle 130 sport which was professionally tuned. I was in it once😱. I vowed never again.
I have two of the 130gl hidden away,the 136 rapide 8 port engines slips in as does the favorit with some bits swapped.
Thats whats in my picture above.

runnach

George Pringle was the first in Scotland to have a Skoda franchise. He had a Skoda Estelle 130 sport which was professionally tuned. I was in it once😱. I vowed never again.
A blast from the past, business had a showroom/garage at Easthooses.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)