Naughty Girl !

Fisherman

She has been removed from tv appearances forthwith.
But she will retain her position as chief medical officer for Scotland.

Bigshug

What I am thinking is would she have kept going there every weekend, if she hadn’t been caught out?

Robmac

I think we are all agreed she has been stupid, irresponsible and should be sacked.

I can't help but think though that her children will probably get some backlash from this that they don't deserve, they must be pretty miserable at the moment which is something else she should be ashamed of. Probably a good thing in their case that school is out. (I don't know their ages though). Hopefully, at least they may be getting some support from friends.

Tonybvi

It’s a long time since I felt so angry about anything and I have bottled my feelings up as I wanted to make sure that what I was reading was really true and it appears that it is. What on earth was this stupid woman thinking. For the past 2 weeks she has been standing behind a lectern which says “Stay at home - Protect the NHS - Save lives” every night on our television screens.

We are desparate to see our kids, some of whom live no further than 10 miles from us, even if only to wave through the window at them, but we have resisted because it is not essential travel. Then this idiot thinks it’s ok to travel 100 miles each way on two consecutive weekends, with all her family, to “check on her second home”.

In my opinion she should not just be removed from the public information campaign, she should be demoted and put on the front line to care for the most seriously affected.

There, I’ve got that off my chest now but I don’t really feel much better! How can I when we have people in responsible positions behaving like this. I actually feel betrayed because until this was made public I thought she was doing quite a reasonable job.

Tony

Fazerloz

Imagine how pissed off the front line NHS staff must feel about her. They must have lost any respect they had. Young nurses finishing shift in tears making vids pleading for people to stay at home and they see what she has been doing at the weekends. Were all in it together.

Fazerloz

She has been removed from tv appearances forthwith.
But she will retain her position as chief medical officer for Scotland.
So the answer is to make her life easier by hiding her. Well thought out Nicola you are insulting the Scots.

izwozral

You weren’t a diplomat Izzy by any chance. Just wondering:)
That is about as diplomatic as I can be Bill.

She has put herself above everyone else and has been found wanting.
Even that statement is far below what I really want to say.

Fisherman

That is about as diplomatic as I can be Bill.

She has put herself above everyone else and has been found wanting.
Even that statement is far below what I really want to say.
Agreed Izzy, but she is paying a much higher price for her arrogance, and rightly so. The higher up you are, the more severe the fall.

The laird

If the first minister don’t act on this it may well and should bring her down also as our partners,sons,daughters ,mothers and fathers in the front line getting fed she- e like this is just not on!
sack her or you get out as well first minister

davef

Very foolish of her but perhaps she realises this lock-down is foolish for most people. The government was bounced into this by professor Ferguson predicting 500.000 deaths if no action was taken. He now says the lock-down needs to continue for 18 months - presumably till a vaccine is found. He was the instigator of the mass slaughter of cattle during the BSE scare and of animals in the foot and mouth outbreak. In hindsight his measures are thought to have been unnecessarily extreme causing the death of a staggering number of healthy animals and ruining many farmers lives.
Is he being unnecessarily extreme in this covid-19 outbreak?
During the swine flu he tried to get all schools shut down and predicted 4 million deaths globally from it. Schools were not closed and just 18,500 died worldwide.
It seems with the covid-19 we have to get herd immunity or a vaccine. If a vaccine is not expected for 12-18 months do you really think the population will just stay locked in their own homes for that length of time while the whole economy crashes?
If we go for herd immunity, healthy people have to be catching the virus until about 60% of the population has had it, at which point it is expected to die out. Professor Gupta of Oxford University has suggested the virus has been among us for longer than admitted and that it could well be that 60% of the population have already had it. Many having it so mildly they were unaware of it. In which case this lock-down is totally unnecessary and is just destroying the economy, people's lives, the future NHS and pensions.
Until there is test available to all to tell if you've had the virus to see if herd immunity is near or has been achieved, it would seem sensible for the elderly and vulnerable to self isolate, while everyone else gets on with their lives but perhaps with avoiding crowded situations like public transport.
What I find truly scary is that in a supposed democracy, without any mandate, a government can impose house arrest on the entire population with barely a murmur of dissent. With many demanding they are locked in even tighter.
Prof Ferguson is now talking of maybe 20,000 deaths from the virus - not much more than the 17,000 annual flu deaths. Should we lock-down the country for each flu season?
The UK is labelling anyone who dies with covid-19 as a covid death - even if it was not the virus that killed them. This is crazy - the figures tell us nothing. In Germany death is only attributed to the virus if it was the actual cause of death. We can probably divide the UK figures by ten to get a more realistic number of actual deaths resulting from the virus as opposed to with the virus. In which case its highly infectious, but with a very low fatality rate.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)