My week in and around lincoln

hino joe

Had a week around the Lincolnshire coast and was quite disappointed that nearly every car park had height barriers.
We had booked on a site for the week in ingoldmells and drove around visiting different places.
Problem is parking some where,surely the local council's could provide at least one car park for vans

IMG_20200725_131635.jpgIMG_20200726_090531.jpgIMG_20200718_112918.jpgIMG_20200718_204356.jpg

Had a week around the Lincolnshire coast and was quite disappointed that nearly every car park had height barriers.
We had booked on a site for the week in ingoldmells and drove around visiting different places.
Problem is parking some where,surely the local council's could provide at least one car park for vans

View attachment 85368View attachment 85369View attachment 85370View attachment 85371

I live in Lincolnshire at the East Coast and our local Council it seems (like many others)doesnt like Motorhomes and Campervans. Shows with all the Height Barriers erected.In Skegness we do have a constant influx regularly of Travellers and Their Caravans.Thats one reason why the barriers were erected not just to stop Motorhomes visiting.Its ok for all the cars to go under the barriers.In fact even now many travellers with their Caravans are set up on some car parks in Skegness.

Height barriers don't stop travellers. They have bolt croppers and angle grinders.

I was told if travellers break in then they can be evicted straight away.

I used to work next to a very large industrial site with a locked gate. The travellers set a fire, the fire brigade broke in and as soon as the fire brigade left the travellers moved in and were there for the next 8 weeks. :(

Yes, but if someone breaks the lock, then travellers move in, there is no proof that the travellers broke in.

I visited Skegness last summer and had no problem parking.
I headed for the clock tower and turned right along the sea front. Plenty of parking places for the campervan for a few hours.
Later, back to clock tower, turned left away from the sea front (around the small one way system) and parked up next a very pleasant pub for a meal.
Then...up the coast to Chapel St.Leonards. Parked in the village square with no problem again.
I'm not talking about overnighting as I, like hino joe, stayed on a campsite.

Moving up the coast, I did the same in Bridlington. Plenty of places to park on street, and a campsite booked for a few nights at flamborough.

I'll admit to not being a fan of wilding, but when needs must can find an out of the way place for an overnight stop.

So many different categories of "Travellers" or should we say "homeless"

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk&link_location=live-reporting-story

There was another story about a small group who have bought land but are prevented from living on it (in Caravans etc)

Those who full-time are essentially "homeless" although they manage to have a legitimate address .
Then we have "No fixed abode" !

Those who full-time are essentially "travellers". Those who don't are just part-time travellers.

Yes, but if someone breaks the lock, then travellers move in, there is no proof that the travellers broke in.
They don't arrive en masse and cut the lock that will be done prior either in a car or on foot.
Then when convoy arrives they'll say 'not us - not locked'

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back