MULTIECUSCAN OBD2 software

yeoblade

I see a few member on here use the MULTIECUSCAN software.
I have bought the ELM interface with usb to laptop link, downloaded MULTIECUSCAN and it won't diagnose,as I need to purchase the full product for my van. Ducato 2.3 130bhp 2011 x250 .

Anyone use the free version of MULTIECUSCAN successfully, and on which model van ?

Reason: I have a Throttle body actuator fault P0638 fault code, van broke down at the weekend with the EML on.

I see a few member on here use the MULTIECUSCAN software.
I have bought the ELM interface with usb to laptop link, downloaded MULTIECUSCAN and it won't diagnose,as I need to purchase the full product for my van. Ducato 2.3 130bhp 2011 x250 .

Anyone use the free version of MULTIECUSCAN successfully, and on which model van ?

Reason: I have a Throttle body actuator fault P0638 fault code, van broke down at the weekend with the EML on.

I use 'Torque' on android with my OBDII reader

I have used the multiecuscan software for years on my 2002 JTD and my Fiat Panda and Maggy's Fiat 500, it has worked flawlessy everytime I have used it, it has picked up faults that a stand alone OBD11 has not detected

I used it for years on my Alfa and to a limited extent on the Van. The newer the vehicle the less you can do with the free version. I think the free version does pretty much everything on my 2006 x244 Ducato. On my Alfa I would have had to pay to access the climate control. I never had a need so stuck with the free version. That said, I would have stumped up as the software is very good.

Don't know about the throttle bodies on the x250 so cannot help with the fault, I'm afraid. Worth checking wiring connectors in the vicinity.

Keith

...Reason: I have a Throttle body actuator fault P0638 fault code, van broke down at the weekend with the EML on.
I have been getting the same fault intermittently now for years, I put in a carbon cleaning additive and give the engine a hot high revving blast for at least 20 minutes, solved it for me till next year.

I have stripped down and checked the throttle connections but this is the only thing that seems to clear the fault. Used OBD II to reset the fault.

Have a look at the free EasyOBDII
EasyObdII Premium Software

I bought the multiplexed version of MES. No messing about swapping leads, all handled automatically by the dongle.

Edit: P0638 - check the throttle valve wiring - poss short circuit to battery positive or earth. If no joy may need a new throttle body. If it is the original, they are notorious for failing. The replacement is a modified unit with a conversion cable, as the wiring connector on the revised unit doesn't fit the original loom.

Last edited:
Thanks all or your responses.

After looking further at the MULTIECUSCAN web page the free version has a very little use on this particular van model.

I initially diagnosed the fault using Android Torque, but was hoping for more info with MULTIECUSCAN .

I have now downloaded AlfaOBD as i have the lead/ELM now, see if I can get anything with that S/W.

My X250 had water pouring into it through the skuttle before I had it, so most likely the Throttle body is U/S now . I've bought a new one from Coastal motorhomes to fit when it stops raining.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back