Motorhome Usage Stats

mossypossy

Free Member
As requested.
Simple calculation.
How many days have you had a motorhome?
How many nights have you spent aboard?

Simple percentage.

Purchased Jan. 2015 we have had 231 nights aboard. Out of a possible 1690 days.

Not a massive percentage, but not too shabby.

13.6%

What are your stats??

Stats

approx. 1080 days out of a possible 1950 since April 2014, of which 900 abroad.

Approx. 4200 nights out of a total of 10220 (28 years), so 41%.

+95% abroad.

Could add years here and there before these last 28 years, gap
year and the like.

2550 possible nights. 644 nights in van, so my stats are just about

25%

Would be more, but we’ve had some long periods of inactivity due to health, and spend at least 6 weeks every year in USA.

Owned ours for 1330 days and slept 362, so around 27%

if I count days used, since it is driven to the overnight ferry, driven home on the final day of any trip and of course day trips during deep winter to keep it fresh then we are looking at 422 days or 31%

Hadn’t worked out usage abroad, though.

I also divide cost of van by nights for fun, although that can be more problematic since you need to decide wether to factor in previous van trade in or perhaps a nominal selling price for when we give it up.

Our previous van was £10 per night purchase less selling price divided by nights. Only a bit of fun since it does not factor in the other running costs or site/Aire fees etc.

Davy

Stats

Approx. 4200 nights out of a total of 10220 (28 years), so 41%.

+95% abroad.

Could add years here and there before these last 28 years, gap
year and the like.

Ooh! I wish I could look forward to 28 years, I’d be the only 111 year old motorhomer!

On which note...could I float the question as to what age our oldest member has managed to Carry on Motorhoming? I often ruminate on how long I can continue to keep it up...oh, that should prompt a bit of gentle ribbing...

Ooh! I wish I could look forward to 28 years, I’d be the only 111 year old motorhomer!

On which note...could I float the question as to what age our oldest member has managed to Carry on Motorhoming? I often ruminate on how long I can continue to keep it up...oh, that should prompt a bit of gentle ribbing...

Barge so I take it you are still motorhoming at the grand age of 83? Wow good on you

Atb Michael

Stanskis Stats

MH owned for 2745 days (7.5yrs +), and travelled approx 60k miles.

..Yr..- Days..- Europe
-1- : -120 - 96
-2- : -130 - 82
-3- : - 55 - 40
-4- : - 82 - 64
-5- : -200 - 50
-6- : -124 - 82
-7- SORN
-8- : -140 -134

Used 851 days, 31%
Europe 549 days. 20%

Last edited:
Does Scotland count as being abroad ?

No, but it might next year.

Since 2012 we've spent 24 days each year abroad in the van, which is 6.575%.

Next year we'll probably spend 24.65% (work it out) in Europe.

Had my van just over 7 years and done 70k miles and never been out of Scotland. We get away every week even if it’s just a night. Use our van all year round and enjoy winter as much as summer.

I've owned mine now for the grand total of 36 days. 8 nights spent aboard so far.

22%.

1060 days of ownership in this van
Not slept in it 135... well, I’ve only included days where neither of us slept in it
So that’s 88%.
Given we are full time, I was surprised it isn’t more, but we did move into our home (bricks and motor home) last winter for a few months.
And I think that just over half of that has been overseas.

Ian, we met a couple in Portugal from Britain - he was 80 and she was 90. Also met someone who started Motorhoming at 82.

We’ve owned our current van for just about 10 months ( around 310 days) and covered just over 11000 miles. We have spent about 190 nights away in it, so with my crappy maths, spent about 60% of our nights sleeping in it.
In the last 5 and a bit years use of our 4 motorhomes since we both took early retirement, we have driven over 75000 miles and spent more time in it than at home.
Which is what we had planned.
Thanks to this thread and some iffy maths, it’s nice to know it’s working!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back