Motorhome Tracker recommendations

anders1364

Free Member
Hi All,
I'm looking for recommendations for motorhome trackers.
I live in the North East of England so if anyone has experience
of fitting companies both good and bad, this would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks in advance.

We use the personal one from Rewire. Been excellent. Gave the kids the log on details so they could track us through France and Spain in Sept.

I had a Phantom System fitted on my new Pilote, Caravan Gaurd insurance would not insure the motorhome without a tracker from their approved list.
Went for their Phantom Sentinal which is an alarm & tracker system. Substantial discount when you buy a combined system versus buying them seperate.
It has been faultless in the 16 months it has been fitted and the monitoring centre call me or my son within 30 seconds of me opening a garage door without disarming the alarm lol.
The app is excellent, showing vehicle location, battery voltage etc, etc.
Approximately £150.00 per annum subscription which is well worth the cost imho, actually got 13 months subscription this year buy renewing a month before it was due.
I’m also in the northeast and Phantom have a local installer.

Is it this one from Rewire Security ?

I had a Phantom System fitted on my new Pilote, Caravan Gaurd insurance would not insure the motorhome without a tracker from their approved list.
Went for their Phantom Sentinal which is an alarm & tracker system. Substantial discount when you buy a combined system versus buying them seperate.
It has been faultless in the 16 months it has been fitted and the monitoring centre call me or my son within 30 seconds of me opening a garage door without disarming the alarm lol.
The app is excellent, showing vehicle location, battery voltage etc, etc.
Approximately £150.00 per annum subscription which is well worth the cost imho, actually got 13 months subscription this year buy renewing a month before it was due.
I’m also in the northeast and Phantom have a local installer.
Spot on, thanks for the reply.

I have a vehicle tracker fitted which has an inbuilt battery with an option of hard wire (which I have done). It has both internal and external ariels. The app and web accessibility are easy and give plenty of information.

At the time I bought lifetime technical support, although this is no longer available. The device is not monitored by Rewire other than if I ask for assistance with sims etc. Currently use a giffgaff payg.

It serves its purpose as one of many layers of security that I have in my van, but I am under no illusion as to its ability to be bypassed. It does not get me any reduction in insurance premium.

Davy

Hi Wooie. Yep, thats the one. It came with a sim from giffgaff but that did not work in europe (kids thought we had stopped at the tunnel for 4 weeks) so changed to a world wide one.
Nano.

I have a one from Vodaphone called Cobra Track. I have the app on my phone and its very very accurate. I can track where ive been, where i am (so can the missus) put a secure zone around the motorhome so if it moves i get told. Very happy with it. Ive used these guys on my car and they are excellent, pretty cheap and do a great job.

We have a tracker from Rewire Security too. The GPS Live software is really good and I can save and replay routes driven over the past 3 months. Great for remembering the fantastic aire/ town/ boulangerie, you stopped at on your last trip!

I bought this cheap and cheerful GPS tracker. £20 + £2 a month for a 2 year SIM contract.
I just need to work out how to wire it in to keep it charged, but for now it does the job by charging it twice a week when I go for a drive.
The smart app will send you an alert when the device leaves or enters a configured geofenced area.
And if you need a tracker with more functions you can always repurpose this one to track your pet /bicycle /child or whatever else you can think of.

I guess that many thieves would maybe park a stolen moho up somewhere for a while to see if it had a tracked fitted. If they disconnect all batteries in attempt to run any tracker battery down then would the tracker come right back online when batteries are reconnected? I know that a mobile app wouldn't, but then again you could connect a mobile phone or tracker to a separate larger battery if you really wanted to catch the crooks rather than just recover your moho ASAP.
If moho went missing from say storage then maybe an inconvenience as it's insured and replacable. But when full-timing just what a predicament that would be! 😐
Just sod's law if it's taken to an area where there's no mobile signal! 🤔
Just thinking aloud. 😉

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back