Motorhome respray costs?

V1nny

I was wondering if anyone could give me a rough idea of how much a full respray would cost on an 8 meter Motorhome ?

Lots! Especially if you want a good job. I had the front end painted on mine which cost me £2000 a couple of years ago at a coach bodyworks, as it was rather flaky the bonnet and surround needed to be taken back to bare metal
D0962DB9-7EED-4B82-8FAA-E380B7109343.jpeg

Thats cheap as a good job on a car here by the best cost over 5G, remember to do a proper job it must be stripped out of all windows, doors off etc, not masked up with tape which I can spot miles away.

I neglected to add that the wings, bumper, bonnet, and doors were all removed, and the doors were done with handles, rubbers and mirrors removed. They also stripped the mirror covers off and did those as well. Headlamps out and only the screen was left in.

I neglected to add that the wings, bumper, bonnet, and doors were all removed, and the doors were done with handles, rubbers and mirrors removed. They also stripped the mirror covers off and did those as well. Headlamps out and only the screen was left in.
How did they get paint on the door shuts and A pillars without removing them?

Costs will all depend on how much preparation is required before they can apply the paint,
So the only way you will get true coats is by visiting local body shops, also not many will be able to accommodate motorhomes

How did they get paint on the door shuts and A pillars without removing them?
Once they’d removed the doors so they removed the door seals and masked inside the MH, so as close to a bare shell as you can reasonably expect to get. Even the door cards were removed and the insides were painted and you can only see by taking stuff off.

Thats cheap as a good job on a car here by the best cost over 5G, remember to do a proper job it must be stripped out of all windows, doors off etc, not masked up with tape which I can spot miles away.
3k+ I quoted is from over 3 years ago . job done properly , everything stripped out etc . It was on a new van so maybe some prep easier ?
Dare say paint etc , like everything else , has shot up in price

Yes proper car paints are £80 a ltr here, where as 2 pack industrial paints are £100 a 5 ltr drum, modern car paints are water based and require a drying oven, the daft bit is they are laquered with a 2 pack which is the killer, glade I don't work in the industry any more.
boat b.jpg

Yes proper car paints are £80 a ltr here, where as 2 pack industrial paints are £100 a 5 ltr drum, modern car paints are water based and require a drying oven, the daft bit is they are laquered with a 2 pack which is the killer, glade I don't work in the industry any more.View attachment 109961
Haven’t you finished that damn boat yet ‘Trev?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back