motorhome raffle

Why not just give the motorhome to NSPCC then?

It looks like they don't plan to give all of the money to the NSPCC (and why should they?) - the article says that they hope to raise £7,500 for the charity from the sale of tickets for the motorhome and tow car. They are selling 5000 tickets at £30 each which would raise £150,000 so £7,500 is 5% of the total raised.

Good luck to them.

Folk do that and scarper with the dosh, not regulated.

It's done through an independent company Trev.

If the owners fail to deliver the prize the company (who hold the money) guarantee that the holder of the winning ticket will receive 75% of the total raised from ticket sales.

I suppose it's a sort of getout in case they don't raise enough to cover the cost of the motorhome and the prize money as well as the companies fees. (That's how I see it).

It's done through an independent company Trev.

If the owners fail to deliver the prize the company (who hold the money) guarantee that the holder of the winning ticket will receive 75% of the total raised from ticket sales.

I suppose it's a sort of getout in case they don't raise enough to cover the cost of the motorhome and the prize money as well as the companies fees. (That's how I see it).
The motorhome would have been around £55,000 brand new in 2018, the car at the most is worth £15,000. Total £70,000

Prizes £70,000
Charity £7,500
Raffle company £15,000 (10%)

£150,000 - £92,500 = £57,500 profit

Not a bad little earner

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back