Motorhome cleaning service North East anyone?

A great opportunity for me to re-post this photo (captured by my security camera) of me falling off a ladder whilst attempting to wash the overcab...

vanwashinghazzards.jpg

It's a pain to put on and take off, but I really find that a cover makes a huge difference to how frequently I need to clean the roof.

Morph

Spent friday and Saturday cleaning the van roof, our problem is that our neighbour feeds his hens in the paddock and all the pigeons and bloody ducks in the area come for a feed and our van is in the flyte path 🤬🤬

I’d love that company Tourshine to give my van a once over. I’m trying to wracks my brain to find a way to get them to do it on one of my trips down south Rutland is not far from Leicester I might try that or I’ll ask them where’s convenient for them.

I’d love that company Tourshine to give my van a once over. I’m trying to wracks my brain to find a way to get them to do it on one of my trips down south Rutland is not far from Leicester I might try that or I’ll ask them where’s convenient for them.
The norm is for Tourershine to come to you.

They don't have premises, my 'van was restored on the owner's driveway because I don't have a home address.

Tourershine worked wonders on my 2007 Dakota today.

Paul and his brother Lee started around 8.15am and were finished by 12.30pm.

They do a thorough inspection before starting and video it too to ensure that any pre-existing marks or damage are recorded.

It looks splendid. Shiny, shiny, shiny. They finish it all off applying RainX to all the windows and they dress the tyres.

Very impressed and nice guys to entrust with your precious vehicle.

For anyone who is unable to maintain the finish, such as myself with no fixed abode, they are happy to wash and rewax provided it's not left too long, say a maximum of 9 months. This will be about half the cost of the full restoration.
How is it looking 4 months down the line? Still looking good?

Wondering as I took my awning light off today to fix it and I found out my 2008 Cheyenne started life out white and very shiny and not cream ;) Thinking a bit of restoration might be a nice idea :D

How is it looking 4 months down the line? Still looking good?

Wondering as I took my awning light off today to fix it and I found out my 2008 Cheyenne started life out white and very shiny and not cream ;) Thinking a bit of restoration might be a nice idea :D
Looks great, still nice and shiny.

I did coat it after a couple of months with a product called The Last Coat, lots of reviews on YouTube, which is very quick to apply and is a ceramic-type coating. Very long lasting. Available from Amazon.

It's not cheap, about £30, but I did the entire vehicle excluding the roof with less than a quarter of a bottle. Took about two hours not rushing.

My sisters MH is parked outside my home and mine is parked at hers (don’t ask!). Her roof has needed cleaning for sometime and so I decided to make a start - even bought some new extending ladders. Did a bit as a test and was pleased with the result so set a task of doing the whole thing when I got back off holiday. Ended up borrowing her van for my trip to France as mine broke down and have now booked hers in for a full external valet as a thankyou. I’m calling into ‘One Call’ in Leyland on my way home so it will be a surprise for her when I give it back.
Hope I don’t need to borrow it again though!!

C546F786-3F3E-47BB-8142-103A37DCCDFF.jpeg

I would be wary of that here as the wind blows straight off the pennines from the west and our drive acts like a wind tunnel in the winter. I reckon a cover would either end up in Darlington 17 miles east or would wear away at the corners of the van. I mentioned protecting the roof yesterday to the guys and they started talking about all sorts of treatments, sealants and stuff but they sounded a right carry on and expensive. Not worth it on this van I dont think.
Our latest van came with a cover which I sold on Ebay, it has paint damage all over it, not worn through but the shine has gone altogether in some areas, even the bonnet is affected, it's not bad, but it does spoil the look, I'm going to get some glaze on it and see if it helps.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back