Mothball the fridge/freezer

Clunegapyears

The motorhome will be mothballed for about 7 months. I will not be able to leave the fridge and freezer doors open for air circulation, as the motorhome is going on a low loader back to its factory in Slovenia (long story). Obviously I will thoroughly clean but what suggestions do you have so that when we get the motorhome back, the fridge and freezer aren't revolting?
Many thanks
Katherine

Suggestion 1 - Our fridge / freezer has a position on the lock that keeps the door slightly open but locked in that position. Check the manual to see f your has this facility.

Suggestion 2 - Write a note (In English with Slovenian; Hungarian and Italian translations) asking them to open fridge. Stick copies on and around fridge.

wedge the door open with a lump of polystyrene and gaffa tape the door semi open :)

Thank you all.
No in built facility to hold doors open , know what you mean as last van had that.
So, will put bicarb in side and hold door open with polystyrene and electrical tape.

Whilst it is being transported the tape may come unstuck !
Suitable Bungee cords or good elastic ?

Pipe foam lagging might work to hold door open and give it a bit of protection/spring in it taped in place as long as the door is restrained

Both our vans have had this facility. But taking the door of would on mine be just 4 screws

The new Dometic fridge we have does not have that facility we have to put a magnet on the bottom door bracket to stop the fridge shutting.. removing the door sounds like a good idea.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back