Mot tests

Hell mine would have needed doing on March the 30th but I had it done yesterday. It passed with flying colours but now its done i can't use it anywhere and did not have had to have it done grrrrr.
.... Tom ....
oh yes you did,for piece? of mind.no not happy but,if tomorrow is the day.you could go. ok.pj. keep well and do your best

I'm tested as an HGV and since there's only 2 VOSA testing sites in the Poole/Bournemouth/Christchurch conurbation there's always a backlog. The first year I did it I rang a couple of weeks before it was due and pretty much got laughed at,I got lucky as they had a cancellation eventually.
In that case, you have the 3 month automatic extension from the due date - and that could be further extended I would guess. So I don't think you need to overly worry about it.
I know the problem with getting a slot for HGV...there is one centre in the Borders as far as I know and it is part time testing only at that.

I sorned our little roundabout in January, before we went on our jaunt. It needs a new front brake caliper, a £40 part normally. Went to the local motorfactors, "yes, about £40+vat, but I don't know when we'll be able to get one........... But I can get one tomorrow, £60+vat plus £15 shipping costs". I told him where he could keep it. They are now my supplier of last resort.
I'll wait a while to see what happens.

In that case, you have the 3 month automatic extension from the due date - and that could be further extended I would guess. So I don't think you need to overly worry about it.
I know the problem with getting a slot for HGV...there is one centre in the Borders as far as I know and it is part time testing only at that.

I really don't get why there's so few test centres when there's clearly a demand for more but hey ho I know the system now so I just go with it.

Ours was due on wed, but we are self isolating at present. As it's pre march 30th we basically have to get the MOT or SORN it. Sounds okay until I checked with the insurer, who won't no insure it without MOT even if it has a SORN.

Great!!

Self isolating, dad rushed into hospital with huge bleed on the brain (nobody allowed to see him due to covid 19). Just been told nephew also has covid 19 tested in London. Let's throw some extra crap into the mix to deal with!!

I sorned our little roundabout in January, before we went on our jaunt. It needs a new front brake caliper, a £40 part normally. Went to the local motorfactors, "yes, about £40+vat, but I don't know when we'll be able to get one........... But I can get one tomorrow, £60+vat plus £15 shipping costs". I told him where he could keep it. They are now my supplier of last resort.
I'll wait a while to see what happens.
They are limited to what they can get hold of same as everyone else. Think a bit of understanding and realism wouldn't go amiss here!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back