mot extension ends 31 july

Haven't they just added the end date? ie no extensions after 31 July.

Extension prior to 31 July are still valid.

Mine is booked in for Thursday. The garage said they are quite busy with MOTs.

Having mine done on Wednesday, got so excited I thought it was tomorrow. Diary hasn't been so full for months :ROFLMAO:

Could have had the 6 month extension on my Renault Trafic but decided to get it tested anyway as I didn't want it running out just before Christmas, as for the truck conversion which runs mid July I don't know what will happen it seems they only let you know a week in advance whether you get an extension which is no good with the truck as normally have to book it in months in advance

Could have had the 6 month extension on my Renault Trafic but decided to get it tested anyway as I didn't want it running out just before Christmas, as for the truck conversion which runs mid July I don't know what will happen it seems they only let you know a week in advance whether you get an extension which is no good with the truck as normally have to book it in months in advance
DVSA extensions only lasted 3 months, I recall that.

Like you one of my cars was due so I got it done so it wasn't just before Christmas.

Like you one of my cars was due so I got it done so it wasn't just before Christmas.
Because it would be just before Xmas doesn't mean you have to wait until then, because of the extension I have three vehicles and two are now due in December but our van is due in January, I will MOT all of them early and space them out so that it suits me

Cant see point of getting an mot done earlier than req'd unless it is for a persons benefit - if it fails you can lose whatever mot is left compared to the old days where you still had a month to get it sorted

The motorhome was due on the 1st May so that got extended to the 1st November however that will have a detrimental impact on future years holidays so i`m going to get it done on the 1st September allowing me to then put it in from the 2nd August thereafter.

The car is due on the 6th Sepetember which will now not get extended so that will go in 7th August.

We never ever go away / abroad in the height of the silly season ( school holidays ) so that will work out ok (y)

My car MOT was extended from 6/6 to 6/12, handy as it's very low mileage, quite new & no problems.
MH expires 11/8, bugger! sodding thing hasn't moved since February when we took it in for a damp check & fluid change in the heating system.

I wonder how many owners have shot off abroad thinking they would get the extension to now find that they wont?

I wonder how many owners have shot off abroad thinking they would get the extension to now find that they wont?
You have to print off copy of mot for checking if stopped - bit silly if you have gambled van confiscated for no mot very possible - most people know extension appears about 5 days before expiry

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back