Morrisons delivery.

yorkslass

We are lucky I suppose because our family do the shopping for us so we know that what we want we will usually get it apart from flour which is like hens teeth at the minute, and when the d/I/l goes she always brings extra because she says she thought we might like this or that!!
Same for us Jeanette it helps when the shopper knows what you buy,
We shop at Lidls, and since the panic buying fiasco, the only thing I havn't been able to get is frozen mixed veg.

SimonM

I used ASDA for the first time ever and it was delivered yesterday. All of it well bagged, no charge for bags, and no substitutions. Everything I needed I got. Best of all there was no delivery charge despite them being 15 miles away from me. they also don’t have a minimum order value.

and....... because my wife is designated high risk we have the same delivery date and time booked each week until October.

sainsbury’s wouldn’t allow us to book online despite telling us we were known to be high risk.

tesco’s gave me a delivery slot for 2100-2200, and then no way of getting a delivery the next week.

it seems to me that neither of them will need to have any of my money again

st3v3

I once asked for AA batteries on a delivery from Sainsburys and as they were "out of stock" sent AAA batteries as a substitute. I'm still trying to fathom the logic.
I spent an hour one Christmas day morning turning 'C' cells into 'D' cells with nuts, washers and insulation tape because Santa bought the wrong ones for boy's new toy...

Good Daddy lol. So, if you were really stuck, those AAA's, with a bit of creativity, might just get you out of a hole.

Tezza33

How do you sanitize fresh fruit and veg? We are told to wash hands in hot soapy water, wouldn't want to do that with fruit and veg would you?
Maggy has always washed our fruit and veg in a mild solution of Milton and then rinsed them in cold water as soon as we get them, they stay fresh for a lot longer as well as being safer to eat

jann

Had one Morrisons delivery so far, another one due in a couple of weeks. Was pleased with last order, a couple of substitutions but that was from one brand to another. We normally prefer to pick our own shopping but these are not normal times. I think it is better to have a delivery every few weeks than going into a supermarket., less contact with others.

REC

Just discovered our local farmers market still comes to the town square weekly. They are got a one way system sorted to keep everyone apart. Apparently it works really well. Keeps them all in business for those who are able to go out to shop. They also have a delivery service for people safe indoors.

barryd

We had one Tescos delivery at the start of all this and two weeks ago a Morrisons delivery. Tesco was very good, practiced good safe distancing and not many substitutions. Morrisons not so good. Driver was a bit stroppy, no safe distancing and lots of substitutions which of course instead of being bagged together so you could see what they were and reject or accept them easily were all over the place.

We have another one coming from Morrisons in a week or two but I told Mrs D to cancel it as there are loads of local places delivering round here anything you need from booze to cabbages. She wasnt letting it go though. :( I would rather support the local businesses to be honest who are doing a cracking job up here.

jagmanx

I hope that local shops/delivery , eg the milk float(+) will make a sustained come-back.
Yes supermarkets will still be needed and have the advantage of a greater in-store selection. ( as a trivial example Tesco sell frozen parathas )
So a once a fortnight supermarket shop would suit many
I think local delivery services could be more fuel efficient as well as benefiting the environment
We do not need daily deliveries every 2nd day is good but every 3rd day would work (except bread maybe)
I am sure both small store deliveries and the bigger ones will sharpen up their act a bit with regard to substitutes/alternatives

Biggarmac

Milk delivery here is twice a week. Monday and Thursday. The local community council has set up a system to get deliveries out from the small shops. I'll be using that in future - never again use Morrisons delivery.

Asterix

I see Aldi are doing deliveries now,might be worth a go, you'll certainly get more for less and I've always found the quality of most things very good. It also occurred to me when I was in Lidl last week that their products are more likely safer because they are displayed in bulk boxes so individual items haven't been handled by staff.

REC

Seem to be
I see Aldi are doing deliveries now,might be worth a go, you'll certainly get more for less and I've always found the quality of most things very good. It also occurred to me when I was in Lidl last week that their products are more likely safer because they are displayed in bulk boxes so individual items haven't been handled by staff.

Only delivering the food parcels, says no groceries online. Unless I am being thick...which is definitely a possibility!

Asterix

Seem to be
Only delivering the food parcels, says no groceries online. Unless I am being thick...which is definitely a possibility!
Yes it appears to be parcels of essentials but may be something to consider.

Reactions: REC

REC

Had a call from my son in UK, apparently he had just phoned his grandmother( my mum) who informed him she was " popping to the shops for a loaf of bread" ....She is vulnerable and supposed to be isolating...but keeps forgetting! When he told her not a good idea and that he would get stuff for her, she said she wouldn't have to meet anyone. Other than the shopkeeper? Oh yes but he can't have the virus or the shop would be closed! It is difficult in normal times to monitor her forgetfulness but it's getting challenging to say the least! Another reason why we need to get back to Uk...May have to take her home with us, she is very independent and used to be very sensible but seems to be losing or forgetting what she previously understood.
Is there an argument for letting her take the risk as it is her choice ( or is it!), she often says that something will get her in the end so she might as well do what she can....it is the corner shop about 50 yds from her home. Watched a really sad video from a woman deemed very vunerable, who has a terminal diagnosis, she said she wanted to see people ( especially family) in her final months and will probably not live to the end of isolation period. So many situations which can't be met by blanket rules?

Last edited:

Allen

Is there an argument for letting her take the risk as it is her choice ( or is it!), she often says that something will get her in the end so she might as well do what she can....it is the corner shop about 50 yrs from her home.
I'd let her go....she's obviously confident she'll still be here in 100 years if the shop is 50 years from home..

But seriously, I hope she keeps safe.

• Funny
Reactions: REC

mariesnowgoose

So I got a call today from NHS, nice lass, she registered me with gov.uk.

Could have done it myself but have been resisting, I figure we're in a better situation than many other poor souls, but today when she called I gave in.

Why? Because Neil drives me nuts the way he shops, god love him.
He tries, but there's just no pleasing me. Plus he spends a lot more money than I normally would and seems to come back with not a lot to show for it.
Has admitted each time that he gets 'fed up' and wasn't prepared to wait in a queue so just came back home instead. :rolleyes::cautious::devilish:
Bear in mind that I have always been the food shopper as well as the everything-else-that-is-required-to-make-a-home-function-properly shopper too.

TBH it's proper fresh fruit and veg - and flour and eggs! - that I need more than anything.
He never gets any of the varieties I like, so it's a case of beggars can't be choosers.

Well, we shall see what happens after today. Hopefully my data will eventually get picked up by at least one of the online supermarket shops and I can start ordering for home deliveries.

TBH, the less Neil has to go out and 'mix' with other people in shops etc., even if he is observing proper hygiene and social distancing, the happier I will be. He has at least started wearing a mask now when he goes shopping. I had some re-usable washable ones bought last year when I was undergoing chemo.

Some people thought I was OTT when I wore the masks at the time (apart from the nurses on the chemo ward who knew exactly where I was coming from), but they are sure coming in useful just now - and I haven't had to 'steal' them from the supply chain, so guess it was serendipity?

moonshadow

After getting back from Spain on 26th March I looked for a supermarket delivery slot. 16th April between 22.00 and 23.00 was all that was available on any of the supermarkets. Booked and ordered things needed. Reminded yesterday that I could edit the order. Ordered some fresh stuff. Lots of things on the website "out of stock" so I ordered 24 items which showed as in stock costing about £55. Tonight 9 items delivered. What a waste of time.
Welcome back!

r4dent

We've used Tesco home delivery for years. Our disabled son lives with us and he finds it great when we are away in the van (he can't drive). We are all vulnerable (and I'm on gov extremely vulnerable list) so having shopping delivered is wonderful. A few substitutes and out of stocks but seems to be getting better every week. You can always decline the substitutes.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)