Morrisons delivery.

Biggarmac

After getting back from Spain on 26th March I looked for a supermarket delivery slot. 16th April between 22.00 and 23.00 was all that was available on any of the supermarkets. Booked and ordered things needed. Reminded yesterday that I could edit the order. Ordered some fresh stuff. Lots of things on the website "out of stock" so I ordered 24 items which showed as in stock costing about £55. Tonight 9 items delivered. What a waste of time.

Tezza33

I only order anything online that doesn't need sorting, tinned, bottled or prepacked is OK but any fresh fruit and veg I like to pick my own, my order this week was two bottles of Amarula Cream and two bottles of Soberana Brandy from Amazon with free delivery, they can't get that wrong and at £47 I am happy, my neighbour ordered normal foods and Asda substituted Yorkshire Tea bags with PG Tips which she doesn't like, bananas were ready to eat but like us she buys green bananas normally, other fruit and veg with a limited shelf life, I like to see what I am buying

Clunegapyears

My Aged Ps I’ve just started doing the online deliveries. Two so far from Morrison’s and a few from Waitrose. Mum always used to like to select her own fruit and veg but so far she’s been quite pleased with what she’s had. Wonder if it was a one off Meg, or regional issue.

izwozral

How do you sanitize fresh fruit and veg? We are told to wash hands in hot soapy water, wouldn't want to do that with fruit and veg would you?

ricc

weve got a selection of supermarkets in a ten mile radius, i tend to use whichever im passing, yesterday it was wincanton, lidles is next to morrisons,mrs wanted something in morrisons that lidles dont stock so i waited in the morrisons q without checky how long the lidles one was.

last week it was glastonbury/street where theres lidles/aldi/tesco/sainsbury and morrisons to choose from.....

time of day seems to have a big effect on q length, yesterdays morrisons was the longest ive waited in but it was just after lunch.

Biggarmac

The things they sent and the things they missed were completly random.
No dog treats or food. No dishwasher tablets.
I ordered packs of fresh produce. Black grapes and cooked beetroot came. No little gem lettuce or pack of small tomatoes.
I was not surprised that no flour came, but no long life fruit juice?
I'm not supposed to be going out as I am an ancient person, but needs must. Years ago, when my late husband was ill we used to get Tesco deliveries which were good. That will be my last try of the big supermarkets this time. Back to local shops which are offering a better service, but limited choice and higher prices.

campervanannie

I don’t do online shopping but have a bit of a laugh at the substitutes with my neighbour she ordered sliced roast beef for sandwiches once and they sent her potted beef she hats the stuff I quite like it so win win 😂😂 this was pre lockdown.

n brown

we used ASDA and they were pretty good the only thing they didn't send was leeks ,and only 2 subs both very minor . so we got flour and eggs, greens and cabbages were good , we're only fussy about food when we can afford to be . so i'll eat their crap sausages if that's all i can get ,and not be fussy about the dates on the eggs, their bacon will have to do for now , and no complaints from me. we're eating sliced white bread first time for years. it keeps well and freezes ok , good enough for now .

Fazerloz

As much as i dislike supermarkets they can only send out what they have. Its only for a relatively short period of time we will have to put up with this;
There are many now that would have been happy to put up with it given the choice.

peter palance

I don’t do online shopping but have a bit of a laugh at the substitutes with my neighbour she ordered sliced roast beef for sandwiches once and they sent her potted beef she hats the stuff I quite like it so win win 😂😂 this was pre lockdown.
no beef-ing eh, well dont get cut up, about-it,its a slice of life im afrade, get you teeth in to it, ok.pj deep joy

2cv

The things they sent and the things they missed were completly random.
No dog treats or food. No dishwasher tablets.
I ordered packs of fresh produce. Black grapes and cooked beetroot came. No little gem lettuce or pack of small tomatoes.
I was not surprised that no flour came, but no long life fruit juice?
I'm not supposed to be going out as I am an ancient person, but needs must. Years ago, when my late husband was ill we used to get Tesco deliveries which were good. That will be my last try of the big supermarkets this time. Back to local shops which are offering a better service, but limited choice and higher prices.
If you shouldn’t really be going out it may be worth contacting the Age Scotland helpline as in most areas volunteers are delivering shopping to those who need to stay in and they may be able to put you in touch with such a scheme in your area.

Biggarmac

If you shouldn’t really be going out it may be worth contacting the Age Scotland helpline as in most areas volunteers are delivering shopping to those who need to stay in and they may be able to put you in touch with such a scheme in your area.
There is a good system, run by the Communuty Council, from local shops, but their range is quite limited. This afternoon I will be getting a prescription and some stuff from a local greengrocers. The Morrisons delivery was supposed to be for items the local shops don't have.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)