Modifying U shaped seating

• Thread starter Deleted member 12539
  • Start date

Deleted member 12539

I am not sure if this is 'pimping' or modifying.

U shaped seating can be very convenient, especially when there are only three in the van. So ideal for two adults and a teenager (13).
But what I missed was the small table that we used to have at the end of our caravan (at the time) where we could stand a drink or place a book, or somewhere to put the (damn) fruit bowl. I hate fruit bowls, by the way, clutters up the 'van.
So on this sunny day I got my wood butchers kit out and made up a table that can be stored behind the drivers seat when not needed and covers the existing end seat thus not having the problem of where to store the cushions.
best shown with pictures i think.
Before and after pics.

SL730429.jpg SL730428.jpg

Three peices of board held in position by all the cushions, but hinges flat for storage. The table is stable and does not move during normal use.

good idea i have similar lap tray which i use in mine as i dont have table folds up flat fit in cupboard

Really excellent!
We threw away our folding table that was stored in the wardrobe and fitted a Fiamma table leg. We keep a regular table top for it behind the drivers seat and bought an Ikea lazy suzan (stripped off the rotating bits) to use as a small drinks table. Table leg and small table top still stored in the wardrobe

Hia

Great idea
I use a little wooden fold up table you have probably seen the ones about £6 well it was when I bought it years ago -- but there is only me and the dog

big table only comes out when we have family hols but it causes more trouble than it is worth so I bought one of those camping fold up benches and table and I am the only one who uses it

I am not sure if this is 'pimping' or modifying.

U shaped seating can be very convenient, especially when there are only three in the van. So ideal for two adults and a teenager (13).
But what I missed was the small table that we used to have at the end of our caravan (at the time) where we could stand a drink or place a book, or somewhere to put the (damn) fruit bowl. I hate fruit bowls, by the way, clutters up the 'van.
So on this sunny day I got my wood butchers kit out and made up a table that can be stored behind the drivers seat when not needed and covers the existing end seat thus not having the problem of where to store the cushions.
best shown with pictures i think.
Before and after pics.

View attachment 4706 View attachment 4708

Three peices of board held in position by all the cushions, but hinges flat for storage. The table is stable and does not move during normal use.

Excellent idea Beemer we miss ours too.
But I hate you, I'll have to make one now if the Dragon sees this.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back