Mobile WiFi offered

oppy

Hi, I have a Huawei model E589 mobile wifi unit up for grabs, it has worked wonderfully for us but now I have been blessed with an updated version, so this one is here for anyone who can give it a home.
Cheers
(fer nowt !!)

I am looking for something like this but very happy to defer to Wildman.

May I ask what you've upgraded to and what benefits it brings over your old model.

Many thanks (y)

May I ask what you've upgraded to and what benefits it brings over your old model.
He has upgraded to a Huawei E5577 which has two aerials but it also has a pair of TS9 external antenna ports so you can use an external aerial, but even without the external aerial it is faster and picks up weaker signals,

The Huawei model E589 mobile wifi unit is great though, I used one all over the UK and France/Germany/Spain and Portugal, very rare not to get a signal so Oppy's offer is well worth taking up

Hi, I have a Huawei model E589 mobile wifi unit up for grabs, it has worked wonderfully for us but now I have been blessed with an updated version, so this one is here for anyone who can give it a home.
Cheers
(fer nowt !!)

Has this gone tia

Just bought a livewire with a 30GB smarty Sim. As I'm not fully versed on this kit what is the best coverage and value sim for future use?

The Huawei model E589 mobile wifi unit is great though, I used one all over the UK and France/Germany/Spain and Portugal, very rare not to get a signal so Oppy's offer is well worth taking up
Just a curious question will these units not be effected by the recent rule by the bumbling bafoon Boris to remove all of Huawei equipment from the UK or do they just boost signals from other suppliers such as EE etc looking for something like this that is why I am asking, do not want to spend out then find they are no longer any good. Cheers

I don't think it will affect Huawei mifi units that are already in use, the ban is to stop them being involved in the 5G rollout because of security concerns AFAIK

Just a curious question will these units not be effected by the recent rule by the bumbling bafoon Boris to remove all of Huawei equipment from the UK or do they just boost signals from other suppliers such as EE etc looking for something like this that is why I am asking, do not want to spend out then find they are no longer any good. Cheers
Good point! Who knows what the blonde bumbler, or his mates will do.
Looking forward to the repercussions of what was said on the news tonight re. Internationally illegal.

Just bought a livewire with a 30GB smarty Sim. As I'm not fully versed on this kit what is the best coverage and value sim for future use?
In my opinion, the best value is either Smarty or Three (there are technical differences, not just price) and the best coverage and speed is EE. The cheapest is GiffGaff, but that's nothing like as good, so poor value because of that.
Many people swear by GiffGaff because they're seduced by the marketing. But the data speeds are abysmal.

Hi folks, thanks for the interest and the stuff that arose from it, but the mifi unit has now been allocated and dispatched, sorry not to have been able to have had more to offer.
Peter

I was wondering what the advantage is. Our smartphones have good 4g almost everywhere and we just use the personal hotspot for the laptops, that gives us full internet and tv. Are we missing something?

I was wondering what the advantage is. Our smartphones have good 4g almost everywhere and we just use the personal hotspot for the laptops, that gives us full internet and tv. Are we missing something?
There are amongst us those who do not have smart phones, nor the nous to use them (me for instance), so only have a mobile telephone as an emergency tool and do not have a contract, just pay as you go. Therefor whilst wandering in the tin tent a mobile internet connection is a useful addition to the usual junk and together with a bargain 3 sim, the worlds our lobster

There are amongst us those who do not have smart phones, nor the nous to use them (me for instance), so only have a mobile telephone as an emergency tool and do not have a contract, just pay as you go. Therefor whilst wandering in the tin tent a mobile internet connection is a useful addition to the usual junk and together with a bargain 3 sim, the worlds our lobster
It that suits you great, I hope it works well for you.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back