Middle Aged and Enjoying the MH life- what about you?

Biggest mistake of my life 😂😜. I’ve even tried rehab once or twice it’s an addiction that creeps up on you takes over then one day you wake up and without realising it you’ve became a motorhome zombie. Good luck and enjoy your trip to Arran can’t help with stops over that way but thats the fun sometimes just winging it there the ones you’ll remember most.

Started with just a sleeping bag and a change of clothes. You could hitch a lift easy back then. I have woken up in a field with an inch of snow on me at times. :)

I have got back from the London area to the North East in 8 hours. Another time it took me 3 days. :(

I Always wanted to camp when small but we only ever went on one holiday and mum wasn't about to spend it in a tent .When mash and I got married we went camping for our honeymoon. Two person tent in a campsite field with no showers and I loved it so we kept on camping with kids and beyond. A few years ago we bought a kangoo and made our own camping boxes and blummin loved it even better. Anyway, having stopped for the duration of the you know what, we are hoping to get going again in jan with a bigger camper van (havent got it yet).

i hitch-hiked around england sleeping out and doing menial jobs for a few years ,married and kids started to arrive ,the only way i could afford to get away was to fit out an old van ,pile in and go job hunting in Europe . wild camping all the way of course . never made it to Scotland because if i had enough money to get there , then it was also enough to get to the sunny south of france . no competition especially with 4 kids who need plenty of outside time

never had holidays as kids just went to visit grandparents 2 hrs away ( are we there yet ) when i joined up royal engineers we had lots of working holidays building paths bridges etc camping out black forest etc borrowed sister in laws tent then bought a trailer tent for about ten years had a caravan for one year back to a trailer tent the 17 years ago bought our first motorhome now 4 vans later got the perfect van ( for us) now just a question of whether i fail before the van lol

1. Went to see the Stones in Hyde Park when I was 13, decided to stay in the park for 6 weeks with a bunch of hippies, just had a sleeping bag, lived off doorstep milk and begged for money to buy biscuits and chips.

2. Spent years camping.

3. Bought first MH early 90's.

Haven't regretted any of the above, although I got a leathering from my parents and a roasting from school for number 1. 😄

Camping in Brownsbay Islandmagge near larne from 16 and got there on my Gilera 50, one shop for food etc.
brownsbay a.png
brownsbay b.png
brownsbay c.png

At the grand old age of 53 and 55, with 2 dogs and a motorhome, we have decided that life is too short.
Covid has brought many emotions with it, and having worked on ICU throughout the pandemic, it's all too real how vulnerable life can be.

So... what about you? What is your story? Your journey to the MH life?

We are travelling to the Isle of Arran in a couple of weeks. A little wary on the welcome, so any advice or suggestions where to wild camp please?
My sympathys in ICU we have been in the same situation. Also have 2 Collies so are used to muddy paws! Just take the carpets up is my answer! and try to keep them of the bed in the morning

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back