Michelin Aglis CP tyres obsolete

TeamRienza

My van needs 2 rear tyres in the not to distant future, they are week 34 year 14 with 43,000 miles on them. I looked for Aglis CP (225x75R16) as that is what is on at present with 2040 kg on the axle. I am content with the CP grade and pressures.

Michelin no longer supply these and I did not find any with a cursory search. They now only supply CrossClimate in that size at about £220 per tyre. I don’t recall getting any info on this change.

Whilst the idea of CrossClimate appeals to me, Michelin advise (by phone earlier today) not to use a mix of summer tyres with their all season CrossClimates ie Aglis on front C/Cs on rear or other configuration. She did still point out new tyres should always go on the rear. My fronts are 2019 with just 10,000 miles so I am not about to ditch perfectly good tyres to shell out £900 by the time fitting is factored in.

I pointed out that they will lose my business for many years to come as the tyres will always be out of sync wearwise, but they appear resigned to this outcome. I asked that my comments go to marketing.

It looks like I shall have to move to continental who do a similar tyre Vancontact camper substantially cheaper at £182, but I will still have to decide wether to use continental Vanco camper summer tyres or take a calculated risk on an all weather/summer mix as I don’t believe my leisure style of driving, rarely above 50mph will heighten the dangers significantly.

I also wonder wether all weathers would be better on the rear or front until my 2019 Michelin’s need replaced. Views welcomed. I expect lots of us will find ourselves in this situation in the coming years.

Davy

Thanks for that, however my van is 225x75R16. If you check the Michelin website under campervan, the CrossClimates are the only tyre on offer. This was confirmed by my phone conversation with their customer service team. Perhaps blackcircles are selling their final stocks, they certainly don’t have anything in 225x75R16.

Davy

I’m sure someone will have a couple in stock. If not get the cross climates on the front. I ran winter tyres all year round on my T5 and the were great.

May be worth searching and buying a couple so you can get the wear out of all tyres. If you have somewhere to store them that is 👍

Thanks for that, however my van is 225x75R16. If you check the Michelin website under campervan, the CrossClimates are the only tyre on offer. This was confirmed by my phone conversation with their customer service team. Perhaps blackcircles are selling their final stocks, they certainly don’t have anything in 225x75R16.

Davy
Thats what my Iveco uses, com tyres are just fine as they will hold loads up to 6.4 tons.

Having run fleets of vans across Europe I’d avoid the Continentals, they last well but after they’ve done a few miles, when you want to stop in a hurry in the rain you’ll not be impressed.

I recently put cross climates on my MH and I’m impressed mine are 235/65r16 121r and cost £718 fitted all in, just make sure you get the higher load rating.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back